What a nasty group of people....

lewisericeric

Featured Posts

Eggs, however they are cooked, must have to have the yolks cooked hard. Runny yokes should be banned!

Oh no, quite the contrary. Yolks should be so runny that they dribble down your chin. It's fine if the whites are slightly snotty too.

Tony B)

Exactly! If people knew how to fit out boats themselves and/or wanted to do it themselves, then there would be no BOAT FITTING BUSINESS! Or any other businesses for that matter.

What a fool, seriously.

However, as someone else mentioned, yes there are helpful people here. Off the top of my head the names DeanS and Julynian spring to mind and it's people like them that make coming to this forum a pleasure and I'd like to extend a big thanks again to those.

However, I wish the other leeches would just do one!

Oi! :o:o

You do like to take offence, don't you :)

I find your reaction much more offensive than his offer and subsequent reply.

Read on here you told Mayalld to F off once......

Maybe you took offence! And some might of found your reaction offensive too!

Edited by Roxy

There are some really nasty, vicious characters on this forum and I hope I never have the displeasure of meeting them in real life - god only knows what they're like and what they're capable of in reality.

As many of you will remember I asked for help about a joiner to put in two walls in the boat. I had a PM on here from someone suggesting someone they know who is "Great at boat fitting and is a qualified boat fitter. You will need a boat fitter as it is a complex job that a normal joiner or carpenter may have difficulty achieving"

This indiviidual asked me that if I could be a bit more flexible with my timeframes, he would ask this boat fitter for me , to do the work.

I replied and told him that we are more than flexible, however we are looking to move in to the boat in a month's time so need to get a move on with many things. This is the reply I received:

Hi again, yes of course I have his name and number.

He is a tradesman that I have a lot of respect for.

I won't insult him by giving his details to some one who has no idea how complex building a boat is.

I apologise if I seem blunt. The guy I was suggesting to you is a top quality boat fitter. Give him the time he will build you a fantastic boat. Unfortunately with your time scale you are going to be lucky to get something marginally better than a garden shed fit out.

Apologies again

Nowhere in my posts or my messages to ths individual did I ASK for a boat fitter to fit out the entirety of my boat. TWO WALLS.

"I won't insult him by giving his details to some one who has no idea how complex building a boat is." says the user.

So is every boat builder insulted everytime someone buys a boat but didn't know how to fit it out themselves so they paid someone else (them) to do it?

Is a plumber unbelievably p*ssed off because he's had a call for someone to fix some leaky pipes?

Is a builder really annoyed that the person who wants a house can't build it themselves?

Perhaps a mechanic wants to punch that customer in the face who needs a service - after all you're insulting him because you don't know HOW COMPLEX A CAR SERVICE IS.

ARROGANT INDIVIDUALS ON HERE WHO PROVIDE ZERO HELP AND ARE ONLY HERE TO ANNOY AND AGGRAVATE NEED TO BE BANNED.

I was going to pay the guy to do a job..... money is money right?! Or am I missing something here?

well said :cheers:

dont be suprised this threads gone way off topic. they always do :)

Sounds like someone who has no idea about the simplicity of fitting out a boat, to a 'qualified boatfitter'.

Tradesmen make their money because customers don't have the time, inclination or ability to understand the complexity of the trade in question.

I think someone has lost a tradesman some paid work. He can't have that much respect for him.

Gave Carl a greenie for this one, I think the reply was unnecessarily blunt (to the point of rudeness) Fitting two walls, my husband had never build a boat in his life but fitted our out from start to finish i 3 months, this would hardly have been a long job for a professional. Sorry you got a bad impression, I am sure not everyone is like this.

... who hasn't??

(Joking Dave.. for the avoidance of doubt)

Me :rolleyes: