Anyone been on Google today.....

matty40s

Featured Posts

I loved Queen when I was first getting into music.In hindsight it cracks me up that so many teenage boys idolised a muscle bound leather clad singer with a 'tache that wouldn't be out of place on a WWII squadron leader in a band after all called Queen and never twigged-innocent days. I have massive respect for the quietly dignified way Freddie conducted himself towards the end.

This won't win me any friends, but I think Queen have been far superior with Paul Rodgers at the microphone stand. Sorry,but just saying what I see.

Who the hell is Paul Rodgers?

Queen wouldn't be Queen without Freddie. It would have been a different band entirely. Everything they stood for was down to Freddie.

Queen wouldn't be Queen without Freddie...

Indeed not, they being named after all in regards to his orientation.

Without him, they would have been named after the other three, "May Rodgers Taylor". Which, oddly, has much the same overtones. Isn't life grand?

Who the hell is Paul Rodgers?

Queen wouldn't be Queen without Freddie. It would have been a different band entirely. Everything they stood for was down to Freddie.

We will just have to agree to disagree on that one. I much prefer Queen with Paul Rodgers on vocals. Paul Rodgers was the singer in a little band known as "Free" who were moderately popular in the early seventies with songs such as "All Right Now" "Wishing Well" and one or two other hits. He went on to sing in Bad co., followed by a solo career. He is now the singer in a band known as Queen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Rodgers

Excellent -

still remember being transfixed by his performance at Live Aid and so wishing I had been there rather than watching on the box at home...

We were fortunate enough to have been at Live Aid - Freddie's performance was truly mesmerizing. We promised ourselves at the time that we'd go to see a Queen concert - sadly this wasn't to be.

Indeed not, they being named after all in regards to his orientation.

Without him, they would have been named after the other three, "May Rodgers Taylor". Which, oddly, has much the same overtones. Isn't life grand?

It would be funny, except that's not their names.

"May Deacon Taylor" doesn't have the same ring..........

Nice try, though!

For me the greatest showman on earth.

Sadly missed.

There's not many out there with the vocal range Freddie had, then or now, be interesting to hear this Paul Rogers, any links?

Sorry only just picked this up.

Rodgers fronts Queen song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e725OKjgFtI

Rodgers does Free song with Queen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR-bhIWB9k0

I hate the word "fan" and would never describe myself as anybody's "fan" but have been following Rodger's stuff since being a kid. He is nothing like Mercury, but I understand the remaining Queen members hold Rodgers in high esteem, and I know a few Queen fans (damn I said it) who didn't like the thought of Rodgers fronting Queen, but have warmed to his vocals. Of course there were will be many who equally dislike him being there.

Rodgers at his best (previous post would only allow 2 links):

Edited by Guest

Sorry Cat, I can't agree with you at all about Paul Rodgers. He's not a patch on Freddie.

But for a fantastic singer being backed by Brian May and Phil Collins, how about....

You kinda know you've made it when your backing band includes the lead guitarist from Queen and the drummer from Genesis :lol:

Tony :)

Check out 4:12

Sorry Cat, I can't agree with you at all about Paul Rodgers. He's not a patch on Freddie.

But for a fantastic singer being backed by Brian May and Phil Collins, how about....

You kinda know you've made it when your backing band includes the lead guitarist from Queen and the drummer from Genesis :lol:

Tony :)

Check out 4:12

We will just have to settle to disagree about Rodgers, but I prefer him to Mercury :) I agree Cocker is a fantastic singer. Have liked his singing for years.