fillter

colin loach

Featured Posts

Hi all.

I need to change the fuel filter on my Isuzu 42. The new filter is very small compared to the cylinder where the diesel enters. I think this is where I now and again should get any water out of the tank although I have never done this. Has anyone got a picture of the filter unit and could they explain how I change the filter and drain any watter. Thanks Colin.

Hi all.

I need to change the fuel filter on my Isuzu 42. The new filter is very small compared to the cylinder where the diesel enters. I think this is where I now and again should get any water out of the tank although I have never done this. Has anyone got a picture of the filter unit and could they explain how I change the filter and drain any watter. Thanks Colin.

Is it this one Vetus ?

Alex

it look very similar.

Hi

The filter element only takes up a small area inside the housing, the bottom half is designed to collect the water from the fuel and is drained by a screw in the bottom.

Simply remove the canister and replace the filter element inside.

If your engine has an electric pump it will self bleed given time (before you try and start the engine).

If you are unlucky you may have to bleed the air out manually by undoing the bleed screw on the top and maybe the injectors.

Alex

Hi

The filter element only takes up a small area inside the housing, the bottom half is designed to collect the water from the fuel and is drained by a screw in the bottom.

Simply remove the canister and replace the filter element inside.

If your engine has an electric pump it will self bleed given time (before you try and start the engine).

If you are unlucky you may have to bleed the air out manually by undoing the bleed screw on the top and maybe the injectors.

Alex

Thanks Alex, you have been a great help.