Ace Cooking Gadget

Woollymishka

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

I was not sure where to post this but if this is any help.......... we have just bought a Remoska cooking gadget from Lakeland Plastics and it is quite unbelievable in its simplicity and the recipes are something else!

it cooks from above not from below and we have the size that cooks for 4 people (there is a bigger one - 8 people!)

Power is 450w and it has greatly reduced our dependency on the oven. Saving more money.

Cost is about £130 - see Lakeland Plasctics web site

SWMBO swears by it.

Hi everyone

I was not sure where to post this but if this is any help.......... we have just bought a Remoska cooking gadget from Lakeland Plastics and it is quite unbelievable in its simplicity and the recipes are something else!

it cooks from above not from below and we have the size that cooks for 4 people (there is a bigger one - 8 people!)

Power is 450w and it has greatly reduced our dependency on the oven. Saving more money.

Cost is about £130 - see Lakeland Plasctics web site

SWMBO swears by it.

look a little like a slow cooker, does it operate in the sameway

Similar to a halogen oven we've been using for a couple of years now. This remoska is probably more leccy efficient though but does run from an element all the same.

The halogen though does cook quite quickly like a stake 3 mins each side med. We hardly ever use an oven now, these type units cook almost anything and cook it well too. We have the halogen on the boat now but we're on shore line, it'll have to go when we're on the water full time I reckon.

Having used a Remoska and a halogen cooker the latter gets our vote, though neither is really practical for a boat due to it's power consumption.

I'm guessing it will cook similarly to a combination microwave? Does that sound right? We have one of those in a holiday apartment and if you use only the oven or grill setting, then it's a halogen heater that does the cooking.

Tony

I'm guessing it will cook similarly to a combination microwave? Does that sound right? We have one of those in a holiday apartment and if you use only the oven or grill setting, then it's a halogen heater that does the cooking.

Tony

there's no microwave in the halogen just the very hot bulb that does the cooking. The unit is fan assisted though so distributes the heat evenly. They do cook really well keeping meats moist & juice and of course you can visibly see what's going on with the food. Good for Pizzas's too done on the top rack level. It cooks chickens like you get in the supermarkets hot take away.

there's no microwave in the halogen just the very hot bulb that does the cooking. The unit is fan assisted though so distributes the heat evenly. They do cook really well keeping meats moist & juice and of course you can visibly see what's going on with the food. Good for Pizzas's too done on the top rack level. It cooks chickens like you get in the supermarkets hot take away.

Sounds exactly like our combination microwave on the Oven setting.

Tony