ss fixings

jockwalt

Featured Posts

hi any one know suppliers of stainless steel self drill cs screws and a2 metric nuts and bolts at good prices

thanks steve

I've not come across stainless steel self drill cs screws We used TEK screws but not sure if in SS probably too brittle.

I've used a lot of stainless steel fittings lately, I find Screwfix the cheapest but their stock range is limited, I've ended up buying smaller quantities from e-bay other than that just hunted out SS suppliers on line.

I only last weekend bought some very nice SS wood screws Torx type cost me over £50 for 400 screws. SS is so expensive just have to shop around.

I've not come across stainless steel self drill cs screws We used TEK screws but not sure if in SS probably too brittle.

I've used a lot of stainless steel fittings lately, I find Screwfix the cheapest but their stock range is limited, I've ended up buying smaller quantities from e-bay other than that just hunted out SS suppliers on line.

I only last weekend bought some very nice SS wood screws Torx type cost me over £50 for 400 screws. SS is so expensive just have to shop around.

thanks for your info steve

hi any one know suppliers of stainless steel self drill cs screws and a2 metric nuts and bolts at good prices

Toolstation.com are another one for common sizes, probably not super quality but free delivery over £10.

For self tappers maybe cut the thread with an identical normal steel self tapper then put the softer SS one in.

cheers,

Pete.

Try ScrewFix not stainless but perfectly OK for inside.

I used them to fix down my floor to the steel bearers

Alex

I used the same they're perfectly adequate, I've recently had flooring and panelling removed and not spotted any that have rusted 7 years on. Stainless Steel for this application I'm pretty sure would be too brittle and snap, possibly the reason you can't find any.

You will need a really good quality and powerful 240 volt drill to get these screws in or be prepared to burn out cheaper drills if you use them. You'll have quite a few failures before you get the knack of getting them through 2 inch bearers and through 4 to 6mm steel in one drilling action. Battening to the roof and sides is much easier though assuming you're affixing 1 inch batten to 1 inch steel ribbing.

I used the same they're perfectly adequate, I've recently had flooring and panelling removed and not spotted any that have rusted 7 years on. Stainless Steel for this application I'm pretty sure would be too brittle and snap, possibly the reason you can't find any.

You will need a really good quality and powerful 240 volt drill to get these screws in or be prepared to burn out cheaper drills if you use them. You'll have quite a few failures before you get the knack of getting them through 2 inch bearers and through 4 to 6mm steel in one drilling action. Battening to the roof and sides is much easier though assuming you're affixing 1 inch batten to 1 inch steel ribbing.

Exactly right - on all counts

Alex