Another Dutch barge rescued by RNLI

mayalld

Featured Posts

It's not a Dutch Barge, a pig ugly flat bottomed fat arse, I am allowed to say that on here?

Oh well my rating was doing ok till now

Cheers

A

They say dogs tend to look like their owners, or vice-versa.

Barges too? :lol:

It may not be a dutch barge but is a well built boat by Peter Nicholls.

Strongly, but not beautifully, built.

It's not a Dutch Barge, a pig ugly flat bottomed fat arse, I am allowed to say that on here?

Cheers

A

I think you are certainly entitled to point out that it bears little or no relation in construction or style to the skills of the Dutch shipwrights who built the original Luxemotors, tjalks, skutjes, klippers etc. It certainly ain't Dutch either.

i had a part in building his first narrow boat and met him on a number of occasions,he was a really nice chap...nice to see his navigation hasnt improved any ;) ;)

Peter Nicholls built a superb narrowboat. They swam beautifully, and the fit outs were excellent. I wish he still built them.

Edited by Dominic M

We already did, when it was first posted a few days ago.

Right ok, but then

Timothy Spall calls out RNLI after being lost at sea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-14670050

Hmmmm

Peter Nicholls built a superb narrowboat. They swam beautifully, and the fit outs were excellent. I wish he still built them.

I think I probably had the last narrowboat built by Peter Nicholls in 2006. Peter is more interested in a different style of boating these days: *sigh*

Oh, and he would be the first to agree the Spall's boat isn't a 'Dutch Barge'. He describes it as a 'seagoing motor barge' - which is exactly what it is...

Like he's the only guy to ever have a problem with his boat, those critical types should be glad we've never been privy to all their cock-ups on this forum. Tim's a top bloke, give im a break.

This so true. the man who never made a mistake is the man who has never done anything.

Phil

Clearly Tim & shane are not the most practical pair on the planet. However I admire their pluck for having a go. The impression I have is that they are very cautious, research what they are doing carefully and give it a go. It's not like they are the sort of idiots that just buy a boat and ignore all advice thinking they know better.

I only wish I could afford to do the same. And despite all my boating experience I wouldn't like to think it would all be plain sailing and that I wouldn't finish up in trouble. There are plenty of experienced boaters that get in enough trouble on the canals, let alone the sea!

Good luck to them - it's not as though they are not active and generous supporters of the RNLI.

Clearly Tim & shane are not the most practical pair on the planet. However I admire their pluck for having a go. The impression I have is that they are very cautious, research what they are doing carefully and give it a go. It's not like they are the sort of idiots that just buy a boat and ignore all advice thinking they know better.

I only wish I could afford to do the same. And despite all my boating experience I wouldn't like to think it would all be plain sailing and that I wouldn't finish up in trouble. There are plenty of experienced boaters that get in enough trouble on the canals, let alone the sea!

Good luck to them - it's not as though they are not active and generous supporters of the RNLI.

I wonder to what extent the 'bumbling' is for the benefit of the camera to try to heighten the drama. Every reality-documentary-type programme seems to be guilty of it these days, each episode has to include a 'will they, won't they?' moment of artificial tension. It really, really pi**es me off.

It's not clear from the report whether he actually called the lifeboat, it seems the crew were kicking their heels and listening to his conversation with the coastguard, and may have offered to help. It might even have been another bit of artificial drama for the cameras or to publicise the series.

Tim

Cheers

A

Ive not seen it but if its a fat narrowboat then yes they are ALL PIG UGLY............ :lol: