Multi fuel stoves

Ianey

Featured Posts

Hi all,

After all the help with sizing of my future multi fuel stove... There are soooo many manufactures to choose from, especially pricing??? The Squirrel Morso 5Kw is fitted by my boat builder... Is this a decent make (as it's a tad pricey) or would you recommend something else??

Thanks again for your help??

Ianey

Guest wanted

Hi all,

After all the help with sizing of my future multi fuel stove... There are soooo many manufactures to choose from, especially pricing??? The Squirrel Morso 5Kw is fitted by my boat builder... Is this a decent make (as it's a tad pricey) or would you recommend something else??

Ianey

I haven't had anything other than a squirrel on a boat and self build gas botttle burners in trucks so am no authority, I guess everyone will say that the one they have is the best, but, I have to say that I see more squirrels than anything else and I am really impressed with ours, stays in for months and runs 3 rads as well.

All this talk of winter, really? please, not yet.... :)

Morso Squirrel is about as good as they come.

Very controllable so can be as economical as you want.

They are quite big though - if you want something smaller the Stovax Brunel 1A is good, but due to its less positive upper air control it takes a bit of getting used to. It's also a pain to clear the clag above the baffle plate.

i agree, the squirrel is a great stove, but be aware, the castings are not that thick, they crack easily, and although spares are readily available, they are extremely expensive, top plates are coming in at about £120 inc vat at present.

A couple of recent threads may be of help to you:

old thread

another linky

HTH

Regards

Dan

Hi all,

Ianey

The squirrell is simply the best. Very controlable, ideal size, well made :)

Hi all,

Ianey

Hi , my reply is the Squirrel is the only one your boat builder should be fitting, I personally don't believe these are the best stoves. BUT as far as I am aware they are the only boat stove that have flue components to comply with the requirements of the new suggested legislation. Which btw may or may not come into force.

Cheers

A

Edited by Ark Right