Lister 3 cyl Air-cooled

Mike 13

Featured Posts

My son has recently acquired an ex-Black Prince 70' boat, the Eagle, which was in need of some extensive TLC! The motor, a Lister 3cyl Air-cooled, I'm not sure of the model number, tended to overheat, which we believe was caused by the absence of the canvas air ducting between the rectangular outlet on the side of the engine and the grill on the hull. It would appear to be a tube about 30cm x 15cm and approx 50cm long. Does anyone have any ideas whether this is available commercially, or failing that, where to obtain some canvas to make one. My missus is quite useful with a sewing machine. Thanks in advance.

My son has recently acquired an ex-Black Prince 70' boat, the Eagle, which was in need of some extensive TLC! The motor, a Lister 3cyl Air-cooled, I'm not sure of the model number, tended to overheat, which we believe was caused by the absence of the canvas air ducting between the rectangular outlet on the side of the engine and the grill on the hull. It would appear to be a tube about 30cm x 15cm and approx 50cm long. Does anyone have any ideas whether this is available commercially, or failing that, where to obtain some canvas to make one. My missus is quite useful with a sewing machine. Thanks in advance.

Ventilation is really key with these engines - some people add car radiator fans to blow cool air across the engine. :captain:

Ventilation is really key with these engines - some people add car radiator fans to blow cool air across the engine. :captain:

Radiator fans? Why? If the flywheel fins are clean, enough air is pushed around the engine, asuming that all the shrouding is in place. A radiator fan is only going to push the ambient air in the engine compartment around.

Also, make sure that enough frsh air can enter the compartment...