Vetus "Gamma" Combi inverter/charger

Chris-B

Featured Posts

Ok..

Vetus gamma combi 3000 24v

When plugged into the shore line all fires up ok

Mains input light comes on--Ups light on--Inverter light on

Charging function ok

With no output on the 240v being used , just solely as a charger after 10-14mins ALL lights go out on the panel except the green run light

The charger still "seems" to be functioning

Is this correct or is there a fault on the unit ?

I will be putting in the 240v distribution board this weekend and testing the 240 output

discussed with the supplier ( very helpful) but I am not sure if it is a fault or just a quirk of the Vetus unit

Chris

Ok..

Charging function ok

With no output on the 240v being used , just solely as a charger after 10-14mins ALL lights go out on the panel except the green run light

I will be putting in the 240v distribution board this weekend and testing the 240 output

discussed with the supplier ( very helpful) but I am not sure if it is a fault or just a quirk of the Vetus unit

Chris

Sounds like it goes into standby if no load

Ok..

Charging function ok

Chris

Hi

We have the 12v version, same spec as yours though. I am sure ours does exactly the same and is functioning correctly. As ours is in a cupboard, somewhat obstructed by storage steps. Thinking of getting a remote panel to make viewing less tedious.

Regards

John. ;)

• 5 months later...

Hi Chris.

We have one of these Combi/Gammas on our boat and we have had nothing but trouble with it. when we run it on our generator it will not charge the batteries. It will only do this on shore power also if we put a small load on say 600w the inverter kicks in even though our 2.800w generator is primary power. we would never buy Vetus again

John

Hi Chris.

We have one of these Combi/Gammas on our boat and we have had nothing but trouble with it. when we run it on our generator it will not charge the batteries. It will only do this on shore power also if we put a small load on say 600w the inverter kicks in even though our 2.800w generator is primary power. we would never buy Vetus again

John

So it can't be switched to a "charger only" setting so that the inverter doesn't come on?

Make sure on the Vetus remote panel you set the dial to around 12 when using the generator. I have no issue with mine...

Edit; ignore this post, was thinking Victron and not Vetus...

Edited by Robbo

Hi Chris.

John

Sounds like finger trouble to me.

Tony

Hi Chris.

. we would never buy Vetus again

John

You are soooooooo right. I now have a vetus engine, well actualy a mitsubishi engine which is great BUT marinised by vetus........OMG I have had more problems in 6 months than the past 22 years of lister/bukh/Beta units put together. Ive nearly sorted it now, I hope.

I wouldnt buy anything painted yellow ever again !!!

You are soooooooo right. I now have a vetus engine, well actualy a mitsubishi engine which is great BUT marinised by vetus........OMG I have had more problems in 6 months than the past 22 years of lister/bukh/Beta units put together. Ive nearly sorted it now, I hope.

I wouldnt buy anything painted yellow ever again !!!

I've had a Vetus BCS1245 for 3 y now-no trouble at all. Perhaps that's because it's painted blue.

I've had setting up help from their very good on-line support service.