Great news!

mick1964

Featured Posts

Thumbing through Waterways world earlier and noticed one of his ads,great to see he is back and trading again. The cut will be a richer place now his fab skills have returned. :cheers:

Who's Anthony M??

Thumbing through Waterways world earlier and noticed one of his ads,great to see he is back and trading again. The cut will be a richer place now his fab skills have returned. :cheers:

Is this a serious post?

I imagine there are a fair few people who have lost their life savings, because of this crook, who might disagree with you.

I'm not sure that the people who lost lots of money last time will agree.

We never know, maybe alongside his legendary carpentry skills his business acumen has also increased... I'm sure we'll hear if it hasn't though! :rolleyes:

Perhaps he'll also pay back those he fleeced and even exercise his herd of flying pigs more often, too.

Does anybody else think there is a degree of hypocrisy in the mags. selling advertising space to him too.....

Considering WW's reluctance to report on the first time he yoyoed out of debt, I have to agree.

....<snip>

2.Dodgy and substandard Boat Builders. There was'nt one mention of the Anthony M fiasco in your magazine. I thought this might be because WW was a creditor, but as no one turned up for the Anthony M creditors meeting from your magazine, then I can only assume he did not owe you anything. If this is the case then why didnt you print a full article on what was one of the most significant stories regarding the boat building industry last year.

Perhaps you are afraid of upsetting other boat builders who advertise in your magazine. If so, your magazine is for boat builders and not the Canal enthusiast who needs articles on the shortcomings of the Waterways as well as the articles on readers cruises, history of the canal and techical issues.

I must say, I now rely more and more on this forum for information, and read Waterways world less and less.

How on earth do you did these things up?

I have a very good memory. The search system actually works quite well when you can remember specific keywords and quotes.

Edited to add: I should say that I have an excellent memory for the written word. Actually remembering simple day to day stuff is not one of my strong points.

Edited by carlt

Good to see Anthony M up and trading againrolleyes.gif

There are a couple of customers people I would love to introduce him to

Chris

Edited to add :

Of course if he would like to contact me and arrange a bank transfer/cheque/cash for the money he stole off Lise and I then we might be a "little" bit more forgiving

Edited by Chris-B
  • Greenie 2

I have a very good memory. The search system actually works quite well when you can remember specific keywords and quotes.

Edited to add: I should say that I have an excellent memory for the written word. Actually remembering simple day to day stuff is not one of my strong points.

I went to collage with a lad like that, A right pain in the bum, read it and remember it while the rest of us all tried to learn stuff.

Hi,

I have a good memory as well and could not believe it when I saw that this company had commenced trading again.

It can only mean that many of the general public have short memories or have not been boating for more than 4 years if they cannot recall the demise of boatfitting companies that fleece people out of large sums of money.

Please Lord, help punters appreciate the advantages of buying a second hand boat, (even moreso if those poor souls come fron the other side of the world).

Leo.

I went to collage with a lad like that, A right pain in the bum, read it and remember it while the rest of us all tried to learn stuff.

Yes it was very handy for passing exams, whilst maintaining a respectable intake of mind altering substances.

Please Lord, help punters appreciate the advantages of buying a second hand boat, (even moreso if those poor souls come fron the other side of the world).

Ironically a second hand Anthony M boat would be a very good buy. I just hope nobody goes for a new one.

Does anybody else think there is a degree of hypocrisy in the mags. selling advertising space to him too.....

I used to have a long running advert in our local paper for my business.

When a well known rogue trader (in a similar business to mine) started taking advertising space, I complained to the rep who used to call monthly to renew our advert. When I got a negative response to this, with the attitude that his money was as good as mine, I promptly cancelled our own ad.

At the time, I agonised that I was cutting off my nose to spite my face, but within a few months the rep returned with a sorry tale of defaulting on payments and ineffectual invoice chasing, and normal service was resumed.

But standing up for your principles can be risky.........

Hi,

I have a good memory as well and could not believe it when I saw that this company had commenced trading again.

It can only mean that many of the general public have short memories or have not been boating for more than 4 years if they cannot recall the demise of boatfitting companies that fleece people out of large sums of money.

Leo.

A lot of the punters who will probably be buying a new boat from him would not have been into boating 4 years ago.

Yes it was very handy for passing exams, whilst maintaining a respectable intake of mind altering substances.

You sound just like him, you haven't changed your name by any chance.