BOAT HIRE IN DECEMBER

Janet S

Featured Posts

Good afternoon guys,

Does anybody out there know of any boat hire firms who operate in December? We'd prefer somewhere in the North of England, but we'd be prepared to travel. We'd be looking for a week from 15th December.

I've tried on the internet, but I've been at it all morning and haven't come up with anything.

Janet

Thanks Jon,

I've already tried them, as we went with them last May, and we've booked again for next May, but unfortunately they don't have anything available. Shame, as they're one of the best companies we've hired from.

Thanks Bones,

I'm looking now. Don't know why I forgot this site. Must be something to do with the boss hovering round all day and trying not to let him see what I'm up to!

Cheers

Janet

Was going to suggest Kate Boats too.

Just be mindful that holidays in winter are liable to interuption with BW's winter maintenance programme. You need to check before booking, otherwise you could find yourself with very little canal to cruise!

Jon

Thanks for that.

After the disasters we've had trying to do the South Pennine Ring over the past three years, we are fast becoming experts on how to keep an eye on stoppages!

Fingers crossed for our 2007 trip with Shire Cruisers.

Janet

• 1 month later...

Hi Paula,

Claymoore is at the top of the list. We had Quarry Bank Mill a couple of years ago, and had a brilliant time on a great boat.

Janet

PS. Is it right that I hear they are building a 2 berth boat for next year?

Hi Janet

It's Paul actually but don't worry (must be the way I walk :cheers: )

The new 2 berth is the next project on the agenda I believe (this year is was an 8-10 berth). I think it may end up being a 2-4 though rather than just a 2 berth. Now that the old man (hope he doesn't read this) is moving things along nicely I can always hope that he can find a job for me there one day (I hope he reads this) rather than just getting me to do his website for nothing :blink: haha.

Along with keeping an eye out for stoppages, you'll have to hope for the best weather wise during the Winter months, as ice can play havoc when it gets trapped behind lock gates, and handling frozen ropes isn't the most pleasant thing to do when you've been cruising all day and decide to moor up at 5pm, in the dark. Although, sayting that, the ice usually doesn't arrive until Jan or Feb.