Kinver Canopies Boat Covers

Featured Posts

I think that's a great job - love the access to the gas locker...

ETA - I think it might be time now though for the OP to stop flooding the gallery with pics. of their work..we get the point....

they look nice but...Dominic doesn't flood the gallery with pictures of boats he's successfully brokered, Martyn doesn't load up pics. of his satellite installations and Ally doesn't post pics. of her companies boat builds...

time to play fair??? -

Sorry. Is this aimed at me...What's an OP? didn't know that it tells people when we've uploaded a piccy ,thats why Iv'e put no more photos on this post. Just wanted people to see what was possible (if they wanted to look) and maybe even alter things if they think they could be improved.

Is there such a thing as a toannau cover for cruiser sterns? Something that keeps the water out of the area and the steps taking you down into the cabin but removed for cruising? Bit like what you get on Caterham Car?

Yep just a standard stern cover. If you want I could send a photo of one. Not sure if i'm allowed to post one up here.

Looks like a nice little earner to me like...

http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/?gclid=CJW70IqXp6oCFQhP4QodEXPeMQ

Are there not rules for adverts in this forum. :rolleyes::):banghead:

But it does look good.

Anyway we digress...

Edited by Kinver Canopies

I agree - I thought the initial 'jumping on' of the original posts by a couple of posters was a tad OTT,,

ETA - I think it might be time now though for the OP to stop flooding the gallery with pics. of their work..we get the point....

they look nice but...Dominic doesn't flood the gallery with pictures of boats he's successfully brokered, Martyn doesn't load up pics. of his satellite installations and Ally doesn't post pics. of her companies boat builds...

time to play fair??? -

I've looked at the gallery and can only see one set of photos from the OP, you have to click on them to get the rest - in light of your previous comment (which was originally specifically aimed at Alan Fincher but I now see you've edited - no change there then!) how has the OP misbehaved please?

To Kinver - OP = original poster - just an abbreviation for the person who started the thread

I've looked at the gallery and can only see one set of photos from the OP, you have to click on them to get the rest - in light of your previous comment (which was originally specifically aimed at Alan Fincher but I now see you've edited - no change there then!) how has the OP misbehaved please?

To Kinver - OP = original poster - just an abbreviation for the person who started the thread

Also no change that you seem to continue to relish 'jumping' on my posts either - frankly it's getting bloody boring now Ange.

I edited my original post because on re-reading Alan was not the only person to jump on the OP.

and

initially I believed it was OK for the OP to come on here in a semi promotional way - I just think now they are taking the mickey a bit - OK?

MJG should have posted that tongue in cheek, he knows full well that I run a planning consultancy NOT a music website :captain:

;)

No appropriate smiley though...

Also no change that you seem to continue to relish 'jumping' on my posts either - frankly it's getting bloody boring now Ange.

I edited my original post because on re-reading Alan was not the only person to jump on the OP.

and

initially I believed it was OK for the OP to come on here in a semi promotional way - I just think now they are taking the mickey a bit - OK?

:lol:

Sorry. Is this aimed at me...What's an OP? didn't know that it tells people when we've uploaded a piccy ,

I don't know if the settings can be changed or how others view the forum but there is usually a banner of all recently gallery uploaded pictures across the top of the forum when looking at the forum index page.

At the moment all of the 6 banner pictures are of your products - which I agree look very nice, but I do think you are pushing the boundaries now of what is allowed on the forum, it is not of course for anybody other than a moderator or the site owner to make that call of course.

If they are happy for you to continue uploading product pictures and get some free advertising on the UK's number 1 waterways web site then that is entirely up to them, a small donation to the running of the site however might be in order if you want to continue...

I find advertising by small businesses to be both interesting and helpful. If they are OTT then the site crew will deal with it. This Kinver canopy operation looks good, and since next year I could well be in the market for a pram hood and replacement Cratch cover it is very interesting to me. I would like to see prices indicated though!

I would like to see (perhaps there is already?) a section specifically for small businesses to show what they have; it would be very useful. Where are the coal and gas boats, where does one get a new fender, cabinet makers on the cut, gas repair/installation, canvas operations, engine repairs, etc. would/could be very useful imo.

John

I would like to see (perhaps there is already?) a section specifically for small businesses to show what they have; it would be very useful. Where are the coal and gas boats, where does one get a new fender, cabinet makers on the cut, gas repair/installation, canvas operations, engine repairs, etc. would/could be very useful imo.

John

Seconded!

I'm still trying to get my head round the Wilsons/Kinver Canopies thing.

Wilsons are at the National at Burton with their usual caravan & appear to be selling canopies as well as furniture.

So have they still got the premises in Kinver & doing the same work as before with a reduced workforce?

I'm still trying to get my head round the Wilsons/Kinver Canopies thing.

Wilsons are at the National at Burton with their usual caravan & appear to be selling canopies as well as furniture.

So have they still got the premises in Kinver & doing the same work as before with a reduced workforce?

Kinver canopies are just myself (Ian Underwood) and Scott Ward (both ex-wilsons staff)working from a small unit in Kinver...

On the other hand Wilsons of kinver went in liquidation and have now come out the other side as Wilson covers Ltd with a smaller work force but still run by The Wilsons, Ian and Ralph and the same building/car park and vans down by the canal in Kinver

To keep the forum happy I will now stop putting photos up..unless its a new design or creation.. all box standard covers will not be shown..

I'd also love to make a contribution to the running of the site, I think it's great...Just tell me how/where.

Kinver canopies are just myself (Ian Underwood) and Scott Ward (both ex-wilsons staff)working from a small unit in Kinver...

On the other hand Wilsons of kinver went in liquidation and have now come out the other side as Wilson covers Ltd with a smaller work force but still run by The Wilsons, Ian and Ralph and the same building/car park and vans down by the canal in Kinver

To keep the forum happy I will now stop putting photos up..unless its a new design or creation.. all box standard covers will not be shown..

I'd also love to make a contribution to the running of the site, I think it's great...Just tell me how/where.

Will send you a PM tomorrow to let you know how to contribute - in the mean time please believe that the majority of forum members applaud small businesses grafting to earn a living.

Edited by Ange
  • Greenie 2

To keep the forum happy I will now stop putting photos up...

Note that this forum has over 10,000 members. One of them (0.01% of the membership) is upset with your photos.

Personally, I like your photos, and I applaud your initiative in setting up in competition with Wilsons.

Tony

• Greenie 1

Note that this forum has over 10,000 members. One of them (0.01% of the membership) is upset with your photos.

Personally, I like your photos, and I applaud your initiative in setting up in competition with Wilsons.

Tony

Cheers Tony and thanks for the support,

At the risk of upsetting anymore I think its best if I keep uploads to a limited few. I believe I may be up to 0.03% already if you count those who are concerned this may be advertising a little too much.

And thanks to all of you for your messages of support. :):cheers:

First off, can I say that applaud you for for getting off your backsides to setting up business on being made redundant, and I wish you well in your venture.

What I generically do not like though, is using trading names that to me seem designed to trick people. There was "Wilsons of Kinver", now there in "Wilson Covers" and "Kinver Canopies". Seems straight out of the double glazing trade to me, sorry.

First off, can I say that applaud you for for getting off your backsides to setting up business on being made redundant, and I wish you well in your venture.

What I generically do not like though, is using trading names that to me seem designed to trick people. There was "Wilsons of Kinver", now there in "Wilson Covers" and "Kinver Canopies". Seems straight out of the double glazing trade to me, sorry.

I can't quite agree with the second one, it's merely geographic

prior to their demise I didn't even know they were Wilson's of Kinver, I made an inquiry (which didn't go well) of "Wilsons", and I had recommendations from people who had used "Wilsons". I feel the stigma stops with them

Naming a new company is very difficult, I didn't want "Patrick Moss Associates", it's a bit crass unless you employ 200 people, but "Moss" has been taken many times over (Moss Bros, Moss Audio, Moss Consulting, Moss Software) so I went triple barreled with Moss Naylor Young, but my commercial world is different. "Ian and Scott Canopies" just doesn't work

Sorry if this upsets you, It's by no means meant to trick people, (what is the trick anyway) We both come from Kinver and work from Kinver, this area (thanks to Wilsons) is now noted for its canopies. We are the same people who used to design a create them whilst working for Wilsons. If anything I think it helps people to notice that there is more than one company who can supply a certain style of cover.

We have gone above and beyond to point out to people that we are not Wilsons.. I have even purchased Wilsonsofkinver.com and posted a notice on there informing people about us and the fact that Wilsons is still trading.

We have no intension into tricking customers into using us and have corrected anyone who has phoned us thinking we are, even passing on details to Ralph Wilson and giving concerned Wilsons customers contact numbers for Ralph (Instead of trying to steel the trade for ourselves).

Sorry if this upsets you, It's by no means meant to trick people, (what is the trick anyway) We both come from Kinver and work from Kinver, this area (thanks to Wilsons) is now noted for its canopies. We are the same people who used to design a create them whilst working for Wilsons. If anything I think it helps people to notice that there is more than one company who can supply a certain style of cover.

We have gone above and beyond to point out to people that we are not Wilsons.. I have even purchased Wilsonsofkinver.com and posted a notice on there informing people about us and the fact that Wilsons is still trading.

We have no intension into tricking customers into using us and have corrected anyone who has phoned us thinking we are, even passing on details to Ralph Wilson and giving concerned Wilsons customers contact numbers for Ralph (Instead of trying to 'steel' the trade for ourselves).

I hope you do not mind but I will just make 2 observations:

1. Nothing wrong with the name, except in the minds of some potential customers using for example google the name might imply that you are a very localised company, but then I am not sure what geographical area you intend to work in. If I was for example and I was based in Stoke I might not bother to click on a company based in Kinver.

2. The old Wilsons website 2 things I learnt when in business is never mention the competition and certainly never knock the competition, IMO the part where you mention that waiting time might be longer, implies criticism of the competition and secondly it also implies that they must be good as they are getting that many orders that there is a waiting list. If I was you I would just put a message on the old website saying the company is no longer trading, and if you want you could put something along the lines that as 2 ex employees who were made redundant you have decided to put your many years of experience into forming a new company called Kinver canopies and then provide a click through to your website.

As I said just 2 observations, I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by cotswoldsman

I hope you do not mind but I will just make 2 observations:

1. Nothing wrong with the name, except in the minds of some potential customers using for example google the name might imply that you are a very localised company, but then I am not sure what geographical area you intend to work in. If I was for example and I was based in Stoke I might not bother to click on a company based in Kinver.

2. The old Wilsons website 2 things I learnt when in business is never mention the competition and certainly never knock the competition, IMO the part where you mention that waiting time might be longer, implies criticism of the competition and secondly it also implies that they must be good as they are getting that many orders that there is a waiting list. If I was you I would just put a message on the old website saying the company is no longer trading, and if you want you could put something along the lines that as 2 ex employees who were made redundant you have decided to put your many years of experience into forming a new company called Kinver canopies and then provide a click through to your website.

As I said just 2 observations, I wish you the best of luck.

I agree 100% with everything that John says here.

I would abbreviate the first paragraph on the wilsonsofkinver site to only

Wilsons of Kinver Ltd ceased trading in April 2011
and I would then then simply remove the next two paragraphs.

Following on from John's observations about geographical location, it might also be useful for you to state what area you 'cover' (sorry). I might be interested myself, but would you be interested in a commission from Nuneaton? If your site doesn't tell me then I'd probably look for a more local company.

Of course, you can choose to do whatever you want to :)

Tony

I agree 100% with everything that John says here.

I would abbreviate the first paragraph on the wilsonsofkinver site to only and I would then then simply remove the next two paragraphs.

Following on from John's observations about geographical location, it might also be useful for you to state what area you 'cover' (sorry). I might be interested myself, but would you be interested in a commission from Nuneaton? If your site doesn't tell me then I'd probably look for a more local company.

Of course, you can choose to do whatever you want to :)

Tony

Thanks to you all ( This was why I started this post in the first place, to gauge reaction).. I will set about some changes...( Well Sunday when I return from the Blisworth do).

I have recently asked a fitter from wilsons have they gone into recievership or are they in recievership and have been told that neither is true.I can assure you that whoever they are they will need to explain just who they are if they want to complete the work in our marina.