Kinver Canopies Boat Covers

Featured Posts

Hi All

Just posting a few of our covers up for you to look at..

Any Ideas or things you would like us to look at making please comment..

Any sugestions on what else you would like to gain from a cover, we're all ears!gallery_13897_675_42132.jpg

Here is a link to the gallery

My link

Edited by Kinver Canopies

Didn't you guys go bust owing loads of people money?

No!!! That was the company that made us redundant. Scott and I (Ian Underwood) have started on our own.. The bust company has also restarted called

Wilson covers Ltd.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is not us.. Don't post that it is.

Kind Regards Ian

Hi All

Just posting a few of our covers up for you to look at..

Any Ideas or things you would like us to look at making please comment..

Can you please explain why you don't see this as a way of slipping in a (kind of!) sly advert ?

Commercial advertising is not allowed on the forum, without permission of the owner.

Do you have their permission to keep pushing your products, please ?

Can you please explain why you don't see this as a way of slipping in a (kind of!) sly advert ?

Commercial advertising is not allowed on the forum, without permission of the owner.

Personally, I don't see what is wrong with adverts as long as they are not disguised as normal posts. Perhaps there is a case for an adverts section which readers can ignore or visit depending on their proclivities. This might well raise some much deserved revenue for the owner.

Sorry I'll check..

I was also looking for any ideas or problems that you guys may have that could be brian stormed.

One such problem is the frosting of internal windows caused in winter.. We are trying to work on some 'double glazing' type widow covers.

As I said.. any ideas would be great.. send them this was for a Topic.

Alan I understand what you are saying and I do agree with you. So now comes the BUT. There have been a number of threads about Wilsons and for people looking for a canopy maker and I know as can be seen by this thread there is a lot of confusion about Wilsons Covers Ltd and Kinver Canopies Ltd so clearing up that confusion would be good.

Ian is a new member and most probably not aware that maybe he should do his marketing more subtly but the final effect would be the same.

Personally, I don't see what is wrong with adverts as long as they are not disguised as normal posts.

Well currently the forum rule is meant to be.....

Subject to the following conditions, no advertising of product, services, or anything else is permitted, either in posting or via private messaging.

- The host may permit advertising to appear at his sole discretion.

- Within the context of discussion, information about the use of, the location of, and the price of products is permitted.

I don't have a problem with advertising per-se, but it does seem unfair if some commercial outfits respect the rules, and others do not.

edit:

Ah, one half of the deceased wilsons of kinver.

I think as was explained by Ian before they are ex employees that lost there jobs that are now trying to make a living.

Edited to say: looks like I was beaten to the explanation

Edited by cotswoldsman

Well currently the forum rule is meant to be.....

I don't have a problem with advertising per-se, but it does seem unfair if some commercial outfits respect the rules, and others do not.

Right I've now taken the bull by the horns and reported myself for this post.. As I don't want to upset anyone.

I've also asked what I can do to still gauge the Ideas on new covers from the forum without it being an advert.

Hope this will keep the scales even for all sides.

Edited by Kinver Canopies

I can see your point. That is why a section for adverts would be a good idea perhaps. If the OP had just explained the position regarding Kniver/Wilson without the pictures it might have been more acceptable.

Right I've now taken the bull by the horns and reported myself for this post.. As I don't want to upset anyone.

I've also asked what I can do to still gauge the Ideas on new covers from the forum without it being an advert.

Hope this will keep the scales even for all sides.

OK. I'd have a pram hood if:

It had windscreen wipers so that I could see in the rain.

It was low enough to go under low bridges.

It was high enough for me to stand in,

It had a system whereby I could step on and off the stern without undoing the sides.

It did not provide cover for those wanting to break in.

As it is at the moment around here pram hoods are only erected when the boat is moored - pointless.

I'd have a cratch board and cover if:

It didn't make it awkward to get on and off the bow.

It didn't make it very difficult to change gas bottles in the bow locker.

It, including the woodwork, could be easily removed and stored for sitting in the well deck in fine weather.

OK. I'd have a pram hood if:

It had windscreen wipers so that I could see in the rain.

It was low enough to go under low bridges.

It was high enough for me to stand in,

It had a system whereby I could step on and off the stern without undoing the sides.

As it is at the moment around here pram hoods are only erected when the boat is moored - pointless.

I'd have a cratch board and cover if:

It didn't make it awkward to get on and off the bow.

It didn't make it very difficult to change gas bottles in the bow locker.

It, including the woodwork, could be easily removed and stored for sitting in the well deck in fine weather.

By the sounds of it Aalan you need a forcefield that you can penetrate but rain can't :lol:

By definition, being cruiser owners, we are different. On a 23 footer the back deck has multiple roles, and it is useful to be able to use it in more or less all weathers as a living space. Ours may be totally open (and usually is when cruising) which give the al fresco outdoor patio area, it is often roof up/sides down giving a shaded area in intense sun and a sheltered but open area if the weather is overcast or drizzly, and is a great place for breakfast and coffee, and then, with the sides up last thing at night, it's the perfect place for that last glass of scotch before bedtime.

Main improvement would be a frame that isn't such an impediment to getting on and off the boat, but I think our current design is rather dated.

By the sounds of it Aalan you need a forcefield that you can penetrate but rain can't :lol:

By definition, being cruiser owners, we are different. On a 23 footer the back deck has multiple roles, and it is useful to be able to use it in more or less all weathers as a living space. Ours may be totally open (and usually is when cruising) which give the al fresco outdoor patio area, it is often roof up/sides down giving a shaded area in intense sun and a sheltered but open area if the weather is overcast or drizzly, and is a great place for breakfast and coffee, and then, with the sides up last thing at night, it's the perfect place for that last glass of scotch before bedtime.

Main improvement would be a frame that isn't such an impediment to getting on and off the boat, but I think our current design is rather dated.

I can completely see the point of having one on a small cruiser - you need the covered space but for my 42' narrow boat I can sit outside when the weather is fine and have plenty of room inside when it is wet.

I can completely see the point of having one on a small cruiser - you need the covered space but for my 42' narrow boat I can sit outside when the weather is fine and have plenty of room inside when it is wet.

Exactly the view we took when we had Ripple

Nobody complained when Gibbo was touting for ideas for "son of SmartGauge" a few weeks ago. What's the difference?

Gibbo has been contributing to the forum for years, on all subjects, under his own name, not his company's, as well as offering free advice on all matters electrical, not just smartgauge oriented.

I think he might have earned the right to pick the brains of the forum populace.

that said I have no real objection to the Kinver boys asking for ideas about their product.

They have been honest in their approach (unlike the axiom incident) and merely neglected to seek permission, which I am sure would be given, especially if it means that they become yet another active professional source of advice, like so many of our members are, including Gibbo.

Gibbo has been contributing to the forum for years, on all subjects, under his own name, not his company's, as well as offering free advice on all matters electrical, not just smartgauge oriented.

I think he might have earned the right to pick the brains of the forum populace.

that said I have no real objection to the Kinver boys asking for ideas about their product.

They have been honest in their approach (unlike the axiom incident) and merely neglected to seek permission, which I am sure would be given, especially if it means that they become yet another active professional source of advice, like so many of our members are, including Gibbo.

To make it clear, my post was not a criticism of Gibbo's approach. I just think the guys from Kinver deserve a break. I personally would have no objection to an advertising section on the forum, in fact if it offered a direct line of contact with the various advertisers I'd think it a positive step forward.

Not seen Pillingslock about for a while!!!!!!!!