Bicycle Theif on K&A

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

The purpose of the police service is to uphold the law fairly

and firmly; to prevent crime; to pursue and bring to justice

those who break the law; to keep the Queen’s peace; to

protect, help and reassure the community; and to be seen to

do this with integrity, common sense and sound judgement.

I don't see recovering property for people who aren't prepared to maintain an allegation of criminality once their property is returned in there ???

It doesn't say a lot of things, but that does not mean that they don't do them, and any way I would suggest that, in the case I quoted, they fulfilled two of the criteria - to reassure the community (or at least a member of the community), and did so using sound judgement and common sense.

Edited by David Schweizer

Society gets the Police service it deserves. We live in the times of a 'Second Generation' of 'Generation X' kids. Essentially, this refers to a generation that lack discipline in homes and schools, an overly selfish temperament and a deluded 'self belief' fueled by modern media that they are in some way ' A huge star waiting to be recognised ' ! Mix that with a liberal attitude to all things in society having to be measured against the beast that is the Human Rights Act, then you begin to see why some see the Police ' as having given up .........' Maybe some of them have .

These factors have in essence destroyed the fabrics of British society.I would suppose that it is the antithesis to 'Thatchers Britain'. I wonder who History will Judge as being responsible for the best 'societal' model of The late 20th century ? Thatcher or Blair ?

Why do I say that society gets the Police Service IT deserves ? Well, simply put, we all have a civic and moral duty as citizens to assist The Police, It is or should be a 'collective' responsibility to prevent and detect crime. Sadly many people don't think that any longer.Nu-Labour had 13 years to make changes to society and of course to The Police , they didn't do anything,except enact a record breaking number of Parliamentary Acts more than any previous Government.These achieved little...........

If a police officer doesn't do what you expect he or she should do , make a complaint. If you call the police about a theft and then get your property back, but don't want to make a statement and are not willing to attend court, then i suggest you just 'swallow' your loss next time. Save the Police some time and effort, they are not Bailiffs!

• Greenie 3

As of this moment a boater on the K and A is waiting for the police to arrive after two new batteries and a plank were "removed" from his rear deck.It would appear that the usual suspect is now fitting his new batteries.

Society gets the Police service it deserves. We live in the times of a 'Second Generation' of 'Generation X' kids. Essentially, this refers to a generation that lack discipline in homes and schools, an overly selfish temperament and a deluded 'self belief' fueled by modern media that they are in some way ' A huge star waiting to be recognised ' ! Mix that with a liberal attitude to all things in society having to be measured against the beast that is the Human Rights Act, then you begin to see why some see the Police ' as having given up .........' Maybe some of them have .

These factors have in essence destroyed the fabrics of British society.I would suppose that it is the antithesis to 'Thatchers Britain'. I wonder who History will Judge as being responsible for the best 'societal' model of The late 20th century ? Thatcher or Blair ?

Why do I say that society gets the Police Service IT deserves ? Well, simply put, we all have a civic and moral duty as citizens to assist The Police, It is or should be a 'collective' responsibility to prevent and detect crime. Sadly many people don't think that any longer.Nu-Labour had 13 years to make changes to society and of course to The Police , they didn't do anything,except enact a record breaking number of Parliamentary Acts more than any previous Government.These achieved little...........

If a police officer doesn't do what you expect he or she should do , make a complaint. If you call the police about a theft and then get your property back, but don't want to make a statement and are not willing to attend court, then i suggest you just 'swallow' your loss next time. Save the Police some time and effort, they are not Bailiffs!

I guess if you are saying society gets the Police (and Press) it deserves then that's ok and we can all sit back and let them get on with it. Let the senior Police continue to fill The Masonic Halls and continue there cosy relationships with the rich and powerful.

I am amazed that as an ex Police Officer you seem to have such anti sounding (maybe I misunderstood you) views on Human Rights Act or is your view of that act based on the ranting s of papers such as The Daily Mail.

I am amazed that as an ex Police Officer you seem to have such anti sounding (maybe I misunderstood you) views on Human Rights Act or is your view of that act based on the ranting s of papers such as The Daily Mail.

More likely his view based on experience

• Greenie 1

As of this moment a boater on the K and A is waiting for the police to arrive after two new batteries and a plank were "removed" from his rear deck.It would appear that the usual suspect is now fitting his new batteries.

And he was taken away in handcoffs :rolleyes:

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

luctor et emergo, on 24 July 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

So, who was taken away in handcuffs?

Tim F

Herr Lip

Well, yesterday he was on his boat, still by Airsprung. Where was the boat that had the batteries knicked moored?

Funnily enough, I can not find anybody who knows anything about a stolen bike being recovered, and a shotgun being found. Very unlike the usual towpath telegraph. Another unsubstantiated rumour?

Edited by luctor et emergo

Funnily enough, I can not find anybody who knows anything about a stolen bike being recovered, and a shotgun being found. Very unlike the usual towpath telegraph. Another unsubstantiated rumour?

David is usually one of the more reliable posters on here.

I'd not generally have him down as one likely to be trying to turn "unsubstantiated rumour" into fact, (unlike some!.....)

Guest wanted

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." plato quoting socrates! Nowt changes eh?

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." plato quoting socrates! Nowt changes eh?

Send them up the chimney, still no Human Rights in those days!! So maybe beat the S**t out of them.

Be warned. Last week a friend of mine had his bike stolen from near the Canal and saw it later on the same day on a boat moored near Bradford on Avon. The Police were contacted, but by the time they arrived the bike had been hidden. The Police searched the boat and found the Bike which, together with the bits that had been removed and fitted onto another bike, was returned to it's rightful owner, who has decided not to press charges.

But the boat owner is now in much deeper trouble because the Policeman noticed a shotgun in the boat for which he apparently does not have a licence. If he is not able to produce one he will probably be charged for that.

I know the name and location of the boat but unlike some other people will not name and shame on here, but cyclists near Bradford on Avon are warned to keep their bike in view if they leave it resting against a femce.

We are presently cruising on the K&A and own two bicycles. I too would like to know the name of the thief's boat so that we can avoid it. Many people know 'Dodgy Dave' and his boat along here (fuel thief) and look out for each other's boats when he passes through. If you don't want to name the culprit, could you pass on a link to a local news story about the incident if there is one -- which seems pretty neutral.

Guest wanted

Look, if you carry on with these society annallysis' (spelling block...), you'll have YMU back soon...

How do you know i'm , er she's not!

:blink:

It's got to the point where I'm too afraid to go out now as I don't know who it is, I'm seeing every as a suspect. In fact there's a boat that breasted up to me last night and told me I was gOing to get a good pumping. I am hiding in my loo clutching my rifle wondering when this hairy maniac will break in, steal my bike and batterys then give me a pumping. Please help

always loved this quote.

It's got to the point where I'm too afraid to go out now as I don't know who it is, I'm seeing every as a suspect. In fact there's a boat that breasted up to me last night and told me I was gOing to get a good pumping. I am hiding in my loo clutching my rifle wondering when this hairy maniac will break in, steal my bike and batterys then give me a pumping. Please help

It's OK, he will know, because he read it on here, that to board your boat is trespass.

It's OK, he will know, because he read it on here, that to board your boat is trespass.

Good to see that you are apparently back for good, despite your two months away.

Do you need an executive summary of what happened whilst you were away, or have you already been briefed by whoever managed to yank you back into action withing half an hour of me mentioning your name.

I think Dave "wants you" Chris, the way he goes on about you I think he carries a bit of a flame for you

I am positively delighted by Mr Pink's return to the fold, if a little bemused by the circumstances of it.