Need advice from Plods

Picard

Featured Posts

Right first of all I have been on liquid grapes all night so sorry if this reply is not coherent pmsl but will reply as best I can.

Not got a clue where the OP stands legally I can tell a relevant story.

My brother in laws uncle before he died was a member of the Liverpool gun club.

He slept with a second world war hand grenade under his pillow and although not strictly legal the one time he had burglars the conversation went something like this.

Take a chance but I if I pull the pin I might go but will take you with me so how will I get prosecuted.

Guess what the burglar did a runner lol.

Mad but effective.

Can tell the story because the man involved is dead now so no worries from the plod.

Oh and btw I realise this is not relavent to the OP but as I say am p)ssed lol

Right first of all I have been on liquid grapes all night so sorry if this reply is not coherent pmsl but will reply as best I can.

He slept with a second world war hand grenade under his pillow and although not strictly legal the one time he had burglars the conversation went something like this.

Take a chance but I if I pull the pin I might go but will take you with me so how will I get prosecuted.

Mad but effective.

Can tell the story because the man involved is dead now so no worries from the plod.

:lol::cheers:

Mad but effective.

Sir, apart from Ange, you are the only one to make sense.

Sorry Martin but you could have made that point a lot quicker than you did. And why he wants to keep the swords is his business - my husband collects pint glasses that never get drank out of - that's his business too.

Hinted at at post # 8 my second post in the thread, a bit more explicit at post #11 my third post, explanation at post #13 my fourth post, how quick do I need to be??

Hinted at at post # 8 my second post in the thread, a bit more explicit at post #11 my third post, explanation at post #13 my fourth post, how quick do I need to be??

But why hint, and then be a bit more explicit which left your posts open to misinterpretation - I certainly read them as an attack on the OP? Why not say what you mean in your first post? You've clearly upset the OP and there was no need for it at all.

Plod is more a term of endearment in my eyes LOL

Especially when words like pigs and the filth are commonly used.

Are you a serving or ex police officer?

Plod is more a term of endearment in my eyes LOL

Especially when words like pigs and the filth are commonly used.

Sir, I have had Police friends, (and living in Brighton I should have rephased that), but I would only use "Plods" as a user friendly term, never pigs or filth, I have too much respect for them.

Guest wanted

Thanks for that, new question, is it legal to have Samuria swords on board my NB.

I have no idea why people have a problem with your question!

anyway, as far as I can see, (not Plod) the question should be 'are your swords illegal' apperently, single edged curved samurai were banned in the UK in 2008, so yes, they would be illegal everywhere. but, straight edged swords or collectors swords can be owned legally. I guess it would be down to you to secure them and not hit anyone with them!

this is from a google search, I don't have swords and am not a police officer.

I mooring pin can be used as a weapon yet remain legal. A kitchen knief becomes illegal on the street ETC ETC.

Good luck and don't stop posting...

To add: Plod

An allusion to Mr Plod the Policeman in Enid Blyton's Noddy stories for children. :rolleyes:

• Greenie 1

An allusion to Mr Plod the Policeman in Enid Blyton's Noddy stories for children. :rolleyes:

The Dog in the original Dambusters is called Nigger..

Times move on.

Guest wanted

The Dog in the original Dambusters is called Nigger..

Times move on.

WTF! Ha ha, that has to be the most tenuous get out I have ever read. The dog was called Nigger because it was a black Lab, it was racist but deemed acceptable by many at the time. (The word was widespread way before the dambusters)

Plod on the other hand was coined after Blyton's creation and in that respect doesn’t really carry the same gravity does it?

Unbelievable

WTF! Ha ha, that has to be the most tenuous get out I have ever read. The dog was called Nigger because it was a black Lab, it was racist but deemed acceptable by many at the time. (The word was widespread way before the dambusters)

Plod on the other hand was coined after Blyton's creation and in that respect doesn’t really carry the same gravity does it?

Unbelievable

Both still derogatory though.....

Guest wanted

By what measure?

By the difference.

The word Nigger comes from the Latin word for black (niger) it was used by the colonial masters to describe slaves and throughout history to marginalize black people. the death, violence and hurt that that word has caused is massive, in fact there are not many words that have been reclaimed by the marginalized and used for themselves as Nigger has been.

Mr. Plod the policeman on the other hand was created in the 50s by a children's writer, this, as in the same way as kids who wore glasses got called Joe 90, led to the police being called plod.

As I say, incomparable.

By the difference.

The word Nigger comes from the Latin word for black (niger) it was used by the colonial masters to describe slaves and throughout history to marginalize black people. the death, violence and hurt that that word has caused is massive, in fact there are not many words that have been reclaimed by the marginalized and used for themselves as Nigger has been.

Mr. Plod the policeman on the other hand was created in the 50s by a children's writer, this, as in the same way as kids who wore glasses got called Joe 90, led to the police being called plod.

As I say, incomparable.

Let me try this another way...

what would you say was a derogatory term to describe the job you do??

I would say one for mine would have been 'Nursey' – now some might think that was funny as it was coined in Black Adder (not Blyton) – I would not have though.

So my point is quite simple -

The OP may have had got a better response to his question if he had phrased it along the lines of -

'One for current or ex police officers..

BTW - kids who wore glasses in my day were called the Milky bar kid...and oh how we loved that....

Martin, what are you having tonight?

thank-you I'll have a glass of dry whit thanks...

Let's get back to brass tacks here and see why a simple request for information has led to an argument. Scenario A - OP makes the information request and Martin answers somewhere along the lines of "I think serving policemen and ex-policemen may be better disposed to answer your question if you didn't refer to them as plods." Instead we got scenario B:-

Legal possibly...

but why??

Of Course not..

But thinking about it, perhaps you may need to to reword your question..

No idea -

Why not ask a Police Officer....

Don't get me wrong - I often refer to the fuzz as the 'plod' - or the 'rozzers'.

I just though you might get a better response...

Nuff said.

Edited because I forgot to close my quotation marks

Edited by Ange

Guest wanted

Let me try this another way...

what would you say was a derogatory term to describe the job you do??

I would say one for mine would have been 'Nursey' – now some might think that was funny as it was coined in Black Adder (not Blyton) – I would not have though.

So my point is quite simple -

The OP may have had got a better response to his question if he had phrased it along the lines of -

'One for current or ex police officers..

BTW - kids who wore glasses in my day were called the Milky bar kid...and oh how we loved that....

I'm glad you agree that your comparison was untenable....

Maybe we'll have to wait until an ex pl... Sorry police officer comes along.....

(I think they'll be alright, they have sticks and stab vests these days)

Let's get back to brass tacks here and see why a simple request for information has led to an argument. Scenario A - OP makes the information request and Martin answers somewhere along the lines of "I think serving policemen and ex-policemen may be better disposed to answer your question if you didn't refer to them as plods."

Yup - got it in one...

No not untenable - I just felt the need to spell it out a bit more clearly for you..

No not untenable - I just felt the need to spell it out a bit more clearly for you..