priority at locks

sueb

Featured Posts

Hubby gets to a lock and there is a queue. Being nosey he goes to the lock and finds man with 40' boat opening the gates, at that 6 swans swim in and hiss at boater with the 40'. Said boater then closes the gates and locks the swans down before locking his own boat down. :wacko:

Sue

Hubby gets to a lock and there is a queue. Being nosey he goes to the lock and finds man with 40' boat opening the gates, at that 6 swans swim in and hiss at boater with the 40'. Said boater then closes the gates and locks the swans down before locking his own boat down. :wacko:

Sue

Your point being??

locking down with the swans could have have injured them surely.......

Your point being??

locking down with the swans could have have injured them surely.......

A 40' boat should have left enough room for the swans. The point was the swans expected to be locked down without a boat.

Sue

The point was the swans expected to be locked down without a boat.

Quite right too..

I take it they displayed a valid licence and were tidy in their appearance also..

nor did they linger on a water point...

Edited by MJG

The point was the swans expected to be locked down without a boat.

Sue

Blimey

The Soar Swans are extremely arrogant (They are unmarked & apparently belong to the Crown not Vitners or Dyers!) so maybe thats why they behave so. Maybe the Worcs & Brum Swans play more on their Heritage & request Royal assisted passage thru the locks ?

Was the boater in question a relative to Johnny Morris ? I personally can't speak swan so would have probably shared the lock if it was safe to do so without injuring them , or maybe a few cornflakes to entice them out (Don't go with Bread feeding myself)

I'm now wondering about camouflaging our cruiser in the guise of a swan (Well its white already!) maybe we could get all the locks wound fro us by hissing at other boaters !

Guest wanted

How would you describe this Sue?

glassp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With all due respect I have yet to read a post from you that isn’t moaning about something. Do you like boating? Maybe you could share some of your positive experiences?

Edited by wanted

Sue

Seems fair enough to me if he did not want to share the lock with hissing swans. Did Hubby threaten to hit him?

I love boating.

Sue, not intended as an an attack, but time and time again, your posts do come across that whilst you may actually like boating, you would prefer to be doing it alone on waterways that nobody else uses.

Probably not your intended inference, but it is, I'm sure, how many see it.

Go back and read some of your many posts, and consider how they might be interpreted by others, who don't actually know you.

Sue

Sounds as if the swans have the same superior attitude as our cat!.

Leo.

Guest wanted

I love boating. I wasn't moaning. I thought it amusing and a little light entertainment.

Sad that some here like to think otherwise. Now awaiting more personal attacks.

Sue

That's great, no intention of attacking you but as Alan has said, your writing style seems a little negative - I do like the image of a load of swans being locked down and a load of boats being 'held' up. Nature winning again.

glassp.jpg

We're all supposed to say the glass is half full, but I think the "glass half full" type of person has become a bit of a modern cliche. When I look at the glass it is both half full and half empty. It's in both states at the same time - how could it be otherwise?

I don't want to ignore life's sadness and pain just as I don't wish to ignore its joy and happiness. I see both.

Listen to Kind of Blue by Miles Davis or some of the songs sung by Billie Holiday. Sometimes in sadness there is great beauty. :rolleyes:

We're all supposed to say the glass is half full, but I think the "glass half full" type of person has become a bit of a modern cliche. When I look at the glass it is both half full and half empty. It's in both states at the same time - how could it be otherwise?

I don't want to ignore life's sadness and pain just as I don't wish to ignore its joy and happiness. I see both.

Listen to Kind of Blue by Miles Davis or some of the songs sung by Billie Holiday. Sometimes in sadness there is great beauty. :rolleyes:

And there was me thinking it was a glass of gin.

:)

Guest wanted

Understood, just highlighting the need for balance.

like this.

vs

http://youtu.be/iCQ0vDAbF7s

Edited by wanted

Sue, not intended as an an attack, but time and time again, your posts do come across that whilst you may actually like boating, you would prefer to be doing it alone on waterways that nobody else uses.

Probably not your intended inference, but it is, I'm sure, how many see it.

Go back and read some of your many posts, and consider how they might be interpreted by others, who don't actually know you.

Empty (of boats) canals as opposed to full ones - sounds good to me.

As to sharing with swans we have panned through with a whole family - the kids of who consumed a great amount of bread in the process while dad (at the front) kept ducking his head under to check the paddles were open. Of course it was a wide lock and they left first, before we got the gates fully open - heading off for more food at the local caravan camp.

Edited by Tiny