How do people spend their time on boats

Windfola

Featured Posts

Be interesting...

I don't know how interesting you can make reading, board games, a bit of telly/DVD watching, or just doing the odd DIY job that needs to be caught up with.

ETA - or as Alan says getting soaked if for any reason you have to press on.

Edited by MJG

Trad stern + doors shut + golfing umbrella = don't get wet! But get someone else to work locks!

Otherwise, the same things as one would do at home, browse Internet, watch telly, watch reruns of Waterworld on the PVR, read, catch up on some work, if getting desperate, take annual shower or get drunk!

Just cooking some mushrooms on toast, brewing another cup of coffee and listening to "From our own correspondent" on Radio 4. Looking out the window at the occasional narrowboater braving the torrential rain. Each to their own, but I can't help feeling that anyone boating without a wheelhouse in this weather must be slightly obsessive.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

I read books at a rate of 300 pages a day.

The wife makes things out of kits. Last trip she built a three masted sailing ship which spent weeks to rig. Our boat and house is full of her builds. She also does a lot of cardboard kits which create automata - as do some of the wood ones. Her wooden drummer kit is amazing and it works. She even has a cardboad working clock to do but chickens out of that one as its got so much stuff you have to get right and, after many years, she is still learning little tricks of the trade - it's a bit like boating.

I'm not great with books. I like to attempt them..but find that after one page...I haven't really read it...and have to re-read it.

I'm very 'hyper' really....

I recently bought some cheap acylic paints and canvas from 'The Works'...and find thats quite good....although...I'm really bad at it.

My wife is pleased because it keeps me quiet and stops me keep asking ..'How's the book !!'

bob

Sometimes I just sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

(quote by somebody or other!)

Well...I'm sitting in Reedley Marina near Burnley for 2 weeks...and I'm thinking...

'I shouldn't have fallen off the boat and broke my ribs !!!'

bob

Guest wanted

I spend my time doing all the things that I guess house dwellers do. Today is gonna be a eating / movie day because I had a late one last night. :D

Well...I'm sitting in Reedley Marina near Burnley for 2 weeks...and I'm thinking...

'I shouldn't have fallen off the boat and broke my ribs !!!'

bob

So you had cracked one then?