Washing up water with suds.

hawkers

Featured Posts

If you can't have a bath in half a mug of cold tea topped up with spit then you're not a proper boater. Regards, HughC.

I can remember as a child being scrubbed by my mother with a just a hanky and a bit of spit. Strangely, my own teenagers don't seem too keen on the technique.

I come from a family who had one bath a week each. So did the wife.

On the boat we have a shower. I knew a bloke who had 6 showers a day so to balance things we have one every few weeks.

We used to have an old m/v and managed on 2 gallons a day between the two of us for all washing/drinking/cooking. We use a bit more now but topping the tank up rarely takes long - watching others spend so long filling every day one wonders what they do with it.

On we met got through a whole tankful each day. Another hire had the father find out, having filled the tank for a hour, that daughter ran both taps to shower and left them on for her sister who hadn't got up (at 11am) so it was running out as it came in. No wonder there are water shortages.

Our house was very cold in winter...so we lived in the downstairs back room...and bathed in a tin bath in front of the fire.

My sister always had the first 'go' and it was always deeper when she got out !!

<_<

bob

Our house was very cold in winter...so we lived in the downstairs back room...and bathed in a tin bath in front of the fire.

My sister always had the first 'go' and it was always deeper when she got out !!

<_<

bob

What a thoughtful girl. Trying to keep it warm for you.

I'm sure that when we started 'cruising' back in the late 60's the sink waste went in to a bucket under the sink.

The waste water was then thrown in to the hedgerow/field. I don't know if that was the 'rule' at the time or just some thing specific to the boat/parents

I'm sure that when we started 'cruising' back in the late 60's the sink waste went in to a bucket under the sink.

The waste water was then thrown in to the hedgerow/field. I don't know if that was the 'rule' at the time or just some thing specific to the boat/parents

Or over a passing fisherman (then), biker (now).

Next to a Hotel pair you must have the most fresh water capacity on the cut. Maybe if you paint them black you could pump hot water straight to a shower/hose

They are black! But sadly at 100 gallons each a bit slow to warm up. We do use those solar shower bag thingies on the roof (sorry Blossom, cabin top) and they have been a real boon in recent weeks. After Sunday afternoon in Braunston, almost too hot to put your hand in.