BW lisence

ukrizla

Featured Posts

Hi all next Monday the 11th my wife and I collect our first boat, from the builder and as you can all imagine we are very excited. What we would like to know is about the BW lisence is it possible to go into the local BW office to get our lisence or has it to be done online or by post, we are getting confussed as we are getting conflicting information.

Regards Shaun.

Hi I'm not certain. I think you have to register the boat with BW at their main office and then you get license,BW number allocated. I also think you have to buy the number plate. Then again you 'might' get a couple of freebies. How long this all takes I don't know.

Plus, I may be completely incorrect so perhaps you should ignore this post.

Martyn

Hi all next Monday the 11th my wife and I collect our first boat, from the builder and as you can all imagine we are very excited. What we would like to know is about the BW lisence is it possible to go into the local BW office to get our lisence or has it to be done online or by post, we are getting confussed as we are getting conflicting information.

Regards Shaun.

See THIS web page and the links down the left hand side. Sometimes you can do/submit applications etc at local BW offices, too.

Ive just dun a few weeks of boating on the oxford without a lisence cos nobody challenged me. If yore boat isn't lisensed then it aint on the radar. It aint on the computor records. You dont egsists.

Im now on the thames. Nobodies challgend me here yet ither.

Ive just dun a few weeks of boating on the oxford without a lisence cos nobody challenged me. If yore boat isn't lisensed then it aint on the radar. It aint on the computor records. You dont egsists.

Not been thru a manned lock then ?

Been thru any bridges with a Troll underneath ? They usually ring BW or the EA as they are on commission for licence evaders.

A few weeks ago, there was quite a lot of activity close to my boat. Two fast police launches were charging up and down, blue lights flashing, and then the Chiswick lifeboat was called out. Off it went, at high speed, damaging a thousand mooring ropes.

When it returned, there were two policemen in it, and a body.

The body, trussed like a turkey, was thrown onto the pier. Another policeman leapt onto the pier from one of the hovering police launches, and the "body" came to life, twisting and turning and screaming obscenities.

In due course he (the "body") was frog-marched up the pier to a Black Maria, with one constable on either side, holding up his arms so that his head was down, and a third behind, holding up the miscreant's sodden trousers.

He had obviously taken to the water to avoid apprehension by the flipper of the law, and hence the lifeboat had been launched, and had fished him out.

I never found out what he was alleged to have done, but I suppose licence fee evasion was one possible reason.

So, be warned! :lol:

Not been thru a manned lock then ?

Been thru any bridges with a Troll underneath ? They usually ring BW or the EA as they are on commission for licence evaders.

I go thru thames locks in the evenin or at mid day when their off duty. Seen lotsa trolls. They carnt report me cos I aint got no number or name.

Hi I'm not certain. I think you have to register the boat with BW at their main office and then you get license,BW number allocated. I also think you have to buy the number plate. Then again you 'might' get a couple of freebies. How long this all takes I don't know.

Plus, I may be completely incorrect so perhaps you should ignore this post.

Martyn

We had to register our boat with BW as previously it was under Bridgewater canal licence. Amazingly the number plates were free. It will take a few weeks to come through but once your application has been logged as received you are legit.

Does anyone know what the penalty is for licence evasion?

Troll.

I go thru thames locks in the evenin or at mid day when their off duty. Seen lotsa trolls. They carnt report me cos I aint got no number or name.

Troll.

Only if you get cort

Troll.

Troll troll trollity troll troll trollity troll trolllllll!

Edited by Sir Nibble

Maybe the lad doesn't live to your obviously very high standards.

It always was live and let live on the waterways in my day. I've been off them now for a few years but I still keep near by road. There do seem to be more boaters who think they have a right to tell others how to carry on than there used to be.

Live and let live assumes that what the other person is doing has no consequences for you.

Licence evasion doesn't come into that category.

• Greenie 1

Funny that gunwaler started posting 3 days after a certain other member stopped posting (or maybe was stopped from posting)

Don't care.Doesn't matter who it is but this is a clear case of the classic troll. The contrived misspelling makes it so much more sad.

Reported my own post to draw moderator attention to the troll.

Don't care.Doesn't matter who it is but this is a clear case of the classic troll. The contrived misspelling makes it so much more sad.

Reported my own post to draw moderator attention to the troll.

Funny that as Gunwaler was trolling the chat a couple of weeks ago; fair to say I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first but the threats; by PM as well, got a bit tiring. Another poster had his mettle though and I had to concede he was right.

I found my ignore button again :)

I've the PM and if you're interested mods we're within the 30 days still... I didn't really think another prat was worth reporting. T'isn't the first time!

I may be wrong but I doubt it's Tone, it's not his style.

Sue

I would have agreed with you before he actually did it and got caught out.

Chris W has gone off the rails... It'

Do you think Chris W's ego would allow him to pretend to be anyone else?