Mooring needed

hawkers

Featured Posts

I have had my offer accepted on a 45 ft narrowboat and have been roving the net for the right mooring - not a liveaboard. A marina would be OK however I don't want to spend £2000 per year but would like some facilities.

It would need to be on any of these: Llangollen, Shropshire Union, Staffs and Worcester. These are the nearest to Mid Wales where I live.

To make it more difficult I'd like one with a village/town within walking distance (20 minutes?)to fetch Chinese/Indian takeaway.And then of course it would need to be one with a vacancy.

I would welcome any recommendations either for or against a particular mooring if any of you have the time. Thanks.

Thanks for those two - I,ve been to see them and there doesn't seem to be anywhere within 20 minutes walk where you can even get a beer. But thanks for the suggestions.

Overwater is a 15-20 minute walk (along the towpath) from the centre of Audlem, where there are shops/cafe/pubs etc.

Martg.

Overwater is a 15-20 minute walk (along the towpath) from the centre of Audlem, where there are shops/cafe/pubs etc.

Martg.

Absolutely. The Shroppie Fly is there by the canal, so is the Bridge Inn, and the Lord Combermere in the village centre. If you get this right, you can start in the Fly, progress by way of the Bridge, then to the Combermere, and finish it all off with a jumbo cod and chips from the excellent chipper round the corner. None of the above will however contribute your "5 a day" government veg diktat, except the chips. :)

Absolutely. The Shroppie Fly is there by the canal, so is the Bridge Inn, and the Lord Combermere in the village centre. If you get this right, you can start in the Fly, progress by way of the Bridge, then to the Combermere, and finish it all off with a jumbo cod and chips from the excellent chipper round the corner. None of the above will however contribute your "5 a day" government veg diktat, except the chips. :)

Thanks for that. I'm going to check out Overwater, Whitchurch and Blackwater Meadow today.

Well what a mixture from almost complete disinterest to welcoming overtures. I guess I'm not supposed to say which marina was absolutely awful to which shone out brilliantly despite expensively. Though I don't believe it was just the rent that made the difference. Group managements should get out more and check their investments in staff!

Still not decided but going to visit Otherton on Thursday.

Well what a mixture from almost complete disinterest to welcoming overtures. I guess I'm not supposed to say which marina was absolutely awful to which shone out brilliantly despite expensively. Though I don't believe it was just the rent that made the difference. Group managements should get out more and check their investments in staff!

Still not decided but going to visit Otherton on Thursday.

Did the good one begin C or S? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: