2 Stroke Generator problem

Albert Smith

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Good grief, I thought I was the only person who ever had one... Had a CZ175 at one time too. 

I had a 175 too! But no pic I'm afraid. The 250 was a "rat" and I'll post a pic tomorrow. Was a fine machine, I will always remember the gear change/kickstart  

Ps can't believe it is 8 years since I posted that! 

Edited by Guest

On 28/06/2011 at 03:31, Chalky said:

My 2 stroke gennie does exactly the same. Cheap Chinese unit but bomb proof. 8 years old, generally hammered. Apart from changing the plug every other problem has been poor fuel or wrong fuel mix.

We have got one bought new and operated intermittantly about 15 years ago and then left unused for about 6 years. I needed a temporary remote power source for a electric drill so refuelled  " Wee Goh" (His 4stroke larger counterpart is "Willy Goh"). Pulled and pulled, nothing. Disasembled the carburetor and checked jets, all clear. Checked and cleaned the spark plug, nothing. Hung onto the spark plug lead and pulled the cord, thwack, but still Noh Goh.  Defeated I switched it to off and pulled the cord to flush any fuel through, S econd pull, brrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpopbrrrrrrrrrrrrr .Then I remembered that I had sussed this six years earlier that the switch was installed upside down. 

13 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Good grief, I thought I was the only person who ever had one... Had a CZ175 at one time too. 

Old rattler. Used to get me about when times were hard. Mice ate the seat so I had to cobble one up. Sprayed it with aerosols from poundland in true Rat tradition.

CZ Rat.jpg