£5 for elsan at Tewkesbury

keble

Featured Posts

Just stopped at Tewkesbury marina for diesel, and asked about elsan disposal. I was shocked to hear it's now £5!

This is just silly IMHO. New management apparently. I wish I'd used the new free one at Strensham lock, but too late.

What's a reasonable price?

Just stopped at Tewkesbury marina for diesel, and asked about elsan disposal. I was shocked to hear it's now £5!

This is just silly IMHO. New management apparently. I wish I'd used the new free one at Strensham lock, but too late.

That is a rip off if you had also bought diesel I have paid £1 before when not buying diesel and happy to pay the £1 if not buying diesel. I can understand marinas etc charging if you do not buy anything else.

Edited by cotswoldsman

It should be free. I was told, when we first moored there in about 1980, that the facility was installed by the LANT, not the marina. Edited by Dorlan

Blimey - where do you pump out? We've never found anywhere cheaper than £10!

Thrupp cruising club on the Oxford canal. I used to get a pumpout FREE but I still ripped the stupid thing out and fitted a proper bog..... :)

You pay top notch for everything at Fenny Compton. And it's do it yerself.

Just had Nightwatch blacked by Ian at Taylors of Fenny there. Really pleased with the job.

Separate from the Marina and 'chandlers' shop.

Martyn

Our marina charges £3 to boaters to empty their cassettes. Moorers get the facility for free as you would expect but those just dropping in are expected to pay for the (dis)pleasure of disposing of their crap. I dont believe they levvy the charge if you use other services but why should they?

I have never had to do it - yet! - but is it possible to empty an elsan cassette into a regular toilet?

Yes i do that, but you do need to think up some good excuses if some one else is queing for the loo, it does stink a bit especially if like me you don't use blue!

£5 to empty a cassete? That's taking the piss...

Oh, is that my coat? Thanks.

Darn, so close and yet so far - I was scrolling down, incredulous that nobody had picked up on that line. Just about to pounce, and there it was...

Crap joke.

Richard