IWA National

haggis

Featured Posts

We received our mooring notice for Gamebird for the National (N8A) but unlike previous years, it doesn't say where the N moorings are. It does say that boats will be 2 abreast (as usual) both sides of the site and that no boat will be further away than 750 metres but no mooring plan :wacko:

Will, for example, half way through the alphabet (M) be opposite the site, in which case, N is excellent, or will some devious means of allocating letters be used? Anyone know?

Anyone else moored in the "N"s?

haggis

I would think that the only & very limited offside moorings will be outside the site on the existing visitors moorings.

The vast majority will be towpath side & I would guess between Dallow Lock & Shobnall, so no great distance really.

yes, the moorings are all towpath side apart from those who are there for 3 weeks working on the festival site. The moored boats certainly went way beyond Dallow lane and Shobnall the last time we were at Burton! It felt like we were walking from Alrewas :-)

haggis

yes, the moorings are all towpath side apart from those who are there for 3 weeks working on the festival site. The moored boats certainly went way beyond Dallow lane and Shobnall the last time we were at Burton! It felt like we were walking from Alrewas :-)

haggis

I'm sure that there will be boats moored for miles along the towpath, but would the booked ones go beyond Dallow/Shobnall?

I'm sure that there will be boats moored for miles along the towpath, but would the booked ones go beyond Dallow/Shobnall?

They did the last time! There were boats moored Branston lock - and they had paid to be there !

haggis

Well it must be different this time, you said in the OP that no boat will be more than 750 metres away.

yes I know, that is what the letter from the IWA says but the web site talks about 300 boats attending. A lot of them must be quite short, i think :rolleyes:

I will keep my fingers crossed that the 750 metres doesn't change!

haggis

We received our mooring notice for Gamebird for the National (N8A) but unlike previous years, it doesn't say where the N moorings are. It does say that boats will be 2 abreast (as usual) both sides of the site and that no boat will be further away than 750 metres but no mooring plan :wacko:

Will, for example, half way through the alphabet (M) be opposite the site, in which case, N is excellent, or will some devious means of allocating letters be used? Anyone know?

Anyone else moored in the "N"s?

haggis

are you chummy with the organisers? if you are you will be right outside, if you aren't expect a long walk! that's my experience of the national, too many arselickers for my liking hence the last one i went to was Wakefield.

"N" I think is north of the foot bridge and A is towpath side so I think you are 8 pairs up north of the footbridge next to the towpath.

I am S26A which I think is south of the footbridge 26 pairs down next to the towpath.

"N" I think is north of the foot bridge and A is towpath side so I think you are 8 pairs up north of the footbridge next to the towpath.

I am S26A which I think is south of the footbridge 26 pairs down next to the towpath.

Thank you! That is good news and just what I wanted to hear. If we had been a long way out as we were the last time at Burton, we would possibly have cancelled our boat booking and taken the caravan. Not so much fun though!

Thanks again for the info

haggis