Diamond Woolwich

c c

Featured Posts

I certainly did own BADSEY and BARNES for a couple of years, two owners prior to Mr Speight.

I don't know if BARNES is still at the Bittell Reservoir moorings as it was recently for sale on the Apollo Duck website. BARRHEAD is still about and is also converted to a house boat, although it was also motorised (retaining its butty stern) some years ago.

So who will come to the party?

I'd love to go to Braunston and invite each of the crews individually - I'd also like to take Badsey to the show but its always on a weekend when we're busy.

I am glad it was me who spotted that the 8th September 2011 (the date of Badseys 75th Party, is a THURSDAY not a Tuesday.

After discussion with Tony Miles who knows everything about historic working boats (pity the Editor of NARROWBOAT latest edition did not check with him before printing his name in an article that Tony says is total c*** and full of inaccuracies!), we are pleased to make it clear that the offer of the free food and drink extends to the crew of any boat that attends and was delivered "around" September 1936.

A Hog roast real ale and a Band are planned plus mics and amps for any musical boaters who will enjoy an extended Jam Session.

I am glad it was me who spotted that the 8th September 2011 (the date of Badseys 75th Party, is a THURSDAY not a Tuesday.

After discussion with Tony Miles who knows everything about historic working boats (pity the Editor of NARROWBOAT latest edition did not check with him before printing his name in an article that Tony says is total c*** and full of inaccuracies!), we are pleased to make it clear that the offer of the free food and drink extends to the crew of any boat that attends and was delivered "around" September 1936.

A Hog roast real ale and a Band are planned plus mics and amps for any musical boaters who will enjoy an extended Jam Session.

Ah, but how far around? (six months either side should do...) B)

Actually, sorry Ian, but Chertsey won't be able to make it anyway :( Hope you have a brilliant time.

Edited by Chertsey