Diamond Woolwich

c c

Featured Posts

Like many other boats, Badsey was delivered on 8th September 1936.

So we thought we'd have a 75th Anniversary party at Badseys Bistro, Hillmorton

and offer free Beer and Food for the crew of any other visiting boat that shares the same birthday.

To every one else - just book in to enjoy the party(8th Sep 2011 is a Tuesday).

Good idea or not?

Actually Her Madge is celebrating 60 years (modern Diamond Jubilee) in 2013.

It was changed from 75 years so that Queen Victoria could have a party before she snuffed it.

Did I say which HMQ ?

Edited by canalchef

No but if you could tell me which queen, anywhere in the world, has ruled for 75 years... ;)

well there's the little one who lives at the bottom of our garden called Derek..........

Oh who cares?

Yes or No

Chertsey's delivery date was 29.01.37 but I hope we can still join in!

Young whipper-snappers!

(Sickle - 17th March 1936, so already 75....... and obviously not a Woolwich!.....)

Sarah,

I read it that anyone could attend, but the free beer and food thing only extended to Woiolwic crews where the delivery date is identical. I don't think even Baldock qualifies there!

Can I claim anything for getting snapped at the right location ?.......

DSCF4261.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

I read it that anyone could attend, but the free beer and food thing only extended to Woiolwic crews where the delivery date is identical. I don't think even Baldock qualifies there!

According to Faulkener, only Barnet qualifies on that basis.

Barnes and Barrhead (butties) would... not sure either still exists?

I took Canalchef to mean any boat that shared the same birthday, regardless of year - but I'm not sure how you'd prove it!

According to Faulkener, only Barnet qualifies on that basis.

Barnes and Barrhead (butties) would... not sure either still exists?

Barnes certainly does......

Barnes_2.jpg

IIRC a certain Mr Speight owned Badsey & Barnes together at one stage ???

Or is my memory flawed.

I took Canalchef to mean any boat that shared the same birthday, regardless of year - but I'm not sure how you'd prove it!

Curious - it sounded like he meant a whole clutch were nominally delivered at the same time....... Obviously not!

Perhaps he can clarify!

Barnes certainly does......

Or is my memory flawed.

Oh yes!

I wonder where it is now. It would be so good for it to go to the party! Sure we could find someone to give it a tow...

All 'historics' most welcome and lets give the date a bit of leeway. Priority in my post was to propose a great party. Contrary to some beliefs, we are not millionaires (maybe this time next year) so freebies go to the crew of those boats that get closest to 1936 delivery.

And just to give joy to the pedantic, internet research seems to show both 60th and 75th as Diamond so all your birthday gifts to Badsey can still contain a few of those.

Sadly, Badsey and Barnes had parted company before we bought the former so it would be great to see it there.

Or is my memory flawed.

As did a certain Mr Harrison..

Oh yes!

I wonder where it is now. It would be so good for it to go to the party! Sure we could find someone to give it a tow...

Well if it's in the same location as Alan photographed it, then it's on the Worcester & Birmingham.....

As did a certain Mr Harrison..

Well if it's in the same location as Alan photographed it, then it's on the Worcester & Birmingham.....

I certainly did own BADSEY and BARNES for a couple of years, two owners prior to Mr Speight.

I don't know if BARNES is still at the Bittell Reservoir moorings as it was recently for sale on the Apollo Duck website. BARRHEAD is still about and is also converted to a house boat, although it was also motorised (retaining its butty stern) some years ago.