Marina Dwellers Opinions Sought

fuzzyduck

Featured Posts

That's very clever.

Reduce vacancies, by reducing capacity. I can sell em a couple of 1000 tones of hardcore so they can be 100% full.

Please don't tell anyone else about this or the daft buggers may take you up on it.

I think a marina round Doncaster area would be good we are very limited around here. When I look at all the land near canals from lost industry it would bring vibrancy to the areas. That said I reckon no money for investment is an issue now.

They're all 99% full on the western K&A

Slightly changing the subject but with regard to moorings can anyone help with the following questions.

60 f/t x 10/6 widebeam

Our boat is planned to be on the water sometime next March, we will be looking for a mooring for about a year in the Bath or Bristol area possibly Bristol docks which we've heard is now very nice.

Anyone currently in Bristol docks that can offer info and mooring costs?

Do moorings in Bristol docks have 240 volt supply?

Same applies to moorings anywhere between Bristol and Bath >> possibly as far Trobridge or even Devises at a push LOL

Is council tax payable on moorings?

The onlky place you'll find one is at saltford marina. And then you'll be lucky with a widebeam.

Also if you have kids they'll tell you to f*ck off. Because they're tw*ts like that.

They're all 99% full on the western K&A

The onlky place you'll find one is at saltford marina. And then you'll be lucky with a widebeam.

Also if you have kids they'll tell you to f*ck off. Because they're tw*ts like that.

LOL

I do know Saltford marina, bit too upmarket or should i say snooty for me anyway and very pricy bar, we did hire one of their 40f/t n/boats though when we first got into boating. I am from Bath originally though so have known that marina for yonks, used to fish around there a lot.

Cheers for the info though :cheers:

That's very clever.

Reduce vacancies, by reducing capacity. I can sell em a couple of 1000 tones of hardcore so they can be 100% full.

BW charge the marinas by the number of berths so if some are unusable the marina doesn't pay. A bit like the window tax of yore.

Sue

Hi, I have a mooring in a marina in Ely, not done a head count but it looks pretty full but some I have spoken to are unhappy with the services & facilities and will not be renewing next year. I think next year I am likely to be a continuous cruiser. I live aboard and don't see that there are any huge benefits to being in one - I spend alot of the time moving around on EA visitor moorings (48 hours) and GOBA moorings because I like to meet people and I like to change the view. The only thing i'd miss in the way of facilities & services is the electric supply! other services are provided along the river bank, not always very well, but most are no worse than the facilities that are on this marina.

Dont panic

Edited by dontpanic

Hi, I have a mooring in a marina in Ely, not done a head count but it looks pretty full but some I have spoken to are unhappy with the services & facilities and will not be renewing next year. I think next year I am likely to be a continuous cruiser. I live aboard and don't see that there are any huge benefits to being in one - I spend alot of the time moving around on EA visitor moorings (48 hours) and GOBA moorings because I like to meet people and I like to change the view. The only thing i'd miss in the way of facilities & services is the electric supply! other services are provided along the river bank, not always very well, but most are no worse than the facilities that are on this marina.

Dont panic

With solar power getting down to near £2.00 per watt, the money you are spending on moorings would probably be better spent on solar panels, ok their not as efficient in the winter, but if you have enough of them it's still a lot of essentially free power available over the winter. I reckon an average years mooring fees would now buy well over a KW of solar, I've been quickly put off looking for a mooring now and will definitely CC although it will be tricky for us in the first year, We always planned lots of solar anyway' it'll just mean buying it earlier than originally planned, but seeing how much it's dropped in price it won't really cause any additional cost buying it earlier as we'll be saving on mooring fees also.

The Marina nearest me at Grove Lock on the GU has a 2 year waiting list. No vacancies at 3 other Marinas South of there either.

We managed to get into Milton Keynes Marina. Its not where we wanted to be but we had no choice. Booked in there for three months at a cost of £1063. No showers or wifi

The Marina nearest me at Grove Lock on the GU has a 2 year waiting list. No vacancies at 3 other Marinas South of there either.

We managed to get into Milton Keynes Marina. Its not where we wanted to be but we had no choice. Booked in there for three months at a cost of £1063. No showers or wifi

Blimy over £80 per week, no wifi ----- scary LOL