Mung Bean Fritters

carlt

Featured Posts

Ahah! Do the improper butchers wear see-through aprons - or no aprons at all?

You wish! Just because they are Swedish..... I'm glad the last two welsh butchers I saw in March, didn't have see thought aprons. Two little chubby ones with red cheeks :) Had some pork & leek sausage for tea that day though. Very good! First good sausages I has since moving from the UK 1974.

No, meat in the UK is just so much better quality.

Ahah! Do the improper butchers wear see-through aprons - or no aprons at all?

Tsk, keep it down. He's a real Swede, living in Swedeland and everything. And you know what they get up to and stuff. Tho' clearly not the chicken in this case.

Bengt, I go to a pukka butcher's in Lund when I'm there. He does appear to be English though.

carl the mind reader,I was going to ask what recipe you used for mung bean fritters.My recipes for anything are based on what I can find to put in them and subject to considerable variation on a theme. As a carnivore,like all cats I like my meat.Other cats get their trace elements from eating herbivores and chewing the odd bit of grass,I get to sample a bit more variety.

Tsk, keep it down. He's a real Swede, living in Swedeland and everything. And you know what they get up to and stuff. Tho' clearly not the chicken in this case.

Bengt, I go to a pukka butcher's in Lund when I'm there. He does appear to be English though.

Haha, I had a talk about all that with my american father :-) Explaining the "no clothes communal men and women saunas" the (non existant) free sex and the blond braided busty milk maids going "Ja...jaaa!" being a myth. He was very disapointed :lol: And frankly, while are still browsing the meat market. I've had by far better luck pulling in the Uk than here at home :blush:

Yes, Malmö and Lund has everything. And there's a pair of fine English butchers running a shop in Stockholm. It's a long 70GBP train ride though.... A bit far for lambchops.

carl the mind reader,I was going to ask what recipe you used for mung bean fritters.My recipes for anything are based on what I can find to put in them and subject to considerable variation on a theme. As a carnivore,like all cats I like my meat.Other cats get their trace elements from eating herbivores and chewing the odd bit of grass,I get to sample a bit more variety.

Tiggy, you can't fool me - I know it's you under that cat ...

You wish! Just because they are Swedish..... I'm glad the last two welsh butchers I saw in March, didn't have see thought aprons. Two little chubby ones with red cheeks :) Had some pork & leek sausage for tea that day though. Very good! First good sausages I has since moving from the UK 1974.

No, meat in the UK is just so much better quality.

Britain has such a poor reputation for food, but when it comes to meat and fish (the important ingredients), no other country comes close, save France.

Britain has such a poor reputation for food, but when it comes to meat and fish (the important ingredients), no other country comes close, save France.

I personaly don't think English cuisine is as bad or even evil, as some people say it is. I've had some outstanding meals in the UK in my days! And not only the fancy stuff. I had a simple leek casserole that was to die for and some other very well prepared meals last time I was in Wales for ex. Or, OH GOD....Barbara and Joyce's shepherds pie in the caf round the corner from Carnaby Street in the 1980's *blis* There's nothing wrong with a nice pork or cottage pie, if balanced with other foods. But a lot of peoples favorit choices for their average everyday meals might be evil. Beans on toast for days on end for ex. I think british foods bad reputation all comes down to personal choices and bad habits really. Lack of time and easy choices, maybe?

One thing that I am very envious of is the variety of choice you have in your shops and supermarkets. Both when it comes to quality, and the diversity of ingrediants thanks to all your diferent cultures. Compared to that, most Swedish shops are pathetic. And being a foodie here, can be a challenge :rolleyes: