Boiled eggs

nb Innisfree

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this belongs in recipes but as it is a sort of a recipe for cooking perfect boiled eggs here goes.

One of the enduring pleasures of life for me is a simple boiled egg or three for breakfast, a salt pot and few soldiers with Lurpak spread on them and I am in heaven, the only problem is the difficulty in cooking my eggs to perfection i.e. a nice soft creamy yolk to receive my eager little soldiers and a firm just cooked white that I can scoop out cleanly.

So after years of hit and miss results I have been using one of these for the last couple of years and I've found it to be spot on, I just keep it with the eggs so it starts off at the same temp as them and all I have to do is pop it in a pan of cold water together with my eggs , turn on the heat and go away for a few minutes until the water starts to boil then I turn the heat to a simmer and watch the indicator line creep up to the mark then remove eggs, result - perfect boiled eggs. You do need to do a little experimenting to ascertain the exact mark to coincide with size of eggs and your personal tastes ( we use large ones) but once you have sorted that out it's plain sailing. A less involved method than timing IMO especially as it automatically allows for whether eggs came out of the fridge or not. Our first one cost us a fiver from Lakeland but our latest one came from Poundland for, you guessed it, £1.

Handy little cooking aid.

ETA: Carlt, if you're reading this isn't it wonderful that God created us so that we could design such a wonderful and profoundly useful little gizmo? :D

I bought one of these after seeing this thread and have just got round to using it this morning. I've had the same problem with getting boiled eggs right so I'd given up trying, until now that is! Great recommendation; a pound well spent at good old Poundland!

• 1 month later...

She was standing in the kitchen preparing to boil eggs for breakfast, wearing only the 'T' shirt that she normally slept in.

As I walked in, almost awake, she turned and softly said, "You've got to make love to me this very moment".

My eyes lit up and I thought, "I am either still dreaming or this is going to be my lucky day".

Not wanting to lose the moment I embraced her then give her my all, right there on the kitchen table.

Afterwards she simply muttered, "Thanks", and returned to the stove, her 'T' shirt still hanging loosely around her neck.

Afterwards, a little puzzled I asked, "What was that all about?

She explained, "The egg timers broken".