Parts?

Donald Gilchrist

Featured Posts

I've got a 4LK and have been looking to see how easy it is to get parts for the old girl,have tried the internet without much sucses. Also can you get manuals for these engines.Dont need anything at the moment but it would be good to know where to go if something was to go wrong.

Hi,

Try Gardner Enthusiast.com, spares and advice available, plus useful forum.

Leo.

Have they got timing chains?

:o

Tim

Edit - Gardners ended their support for the LK in the 1960s and sold off their remaining spares, whereas the LW continued in some sort of production in some form or another until ?1990s?, and was made in much larger numbers, so spares availability for the LW is much better & some parts are still being made. The LK timing chain is an oddball, 7/16" pitch triplex which has been non-standard for a very long time.

Edited by Timleech

Have they got timing chains?

:o

Tim

Edit - Gardners ended their support for the LK in the 1960s and sold off their remaining spares, whereas the LW continued in some sort of production in some form or another until ?1990s?, and was made in much larger numbers, so spares availability for the LW is much better & some parts are still being made. The LK timing chain is an oddball, 7/16" pitch triplex which has been non-standard for a very long time.

Speak to David if he hasn't got one then he will probably know where to get one.

Steve

Speak to David if he hasn't got one then he will probably know where to get one.

Steve

I don't actually need one, I was just highlighting the biggest potential problem with the LK. I did investigate getting a batch of timing chains made, a good few years ago when I had several 4LKs, the cost was not utterly outrageous IF you had about a dozen guaranteed customers ready to pay for them on delivery. It was going to be rather more money than I could afford to lay out on spec, and there was less interest in the engines at that time. I managed to get one chain from Hong Kong!

Tim