TV/DVD Combis-Reccomendations??

ali.h

Featured Posts

Hi-looking to buy one of the above and was hoping to avoid buying a 12v one(seem a tad expensive). Anybody got some recomendations looking at about a 19" or slightly bigger screen size. Would appreciate any help-many thanks. And is worthing spending a bit more on a Kerstan satellite dish rather than less inexpensive ones?

Just bought a cheapy Luxor from asda yesterday.

19 inch just the right size for the boat £119

Seems ok

Just bought a cheapy Luxor from asda yesterday.

19 inch just the right size for the boat £119

Seems ok

Forgot to mention-I am looking for a low power one-can you get these on the high street?

Hi-looking to buy one of the above and was hoping to avoid buying a 12v one(seem a tad expensive). Anybody got some recomendations looking at about a 19" or slightly bigger screen size. Would appreciate any help-many thanks. And is worthing spending a bit more on a Kerstan satellite dish rather than less inexpensive ones?

Just got a 19" Hitachi combi with built in Freeview. Has a transformer 'brick' to drop from 240v. I use mine on 12v with an Amperor regulator. Telly cost £200 from Argos, stunning pic quality

How about this? http://www.mrlcd.co.uk/LCD-Multi-Region-Freeview-Record/dp/B001V792G4

We bought a similar 19" combo from him late last year. It has freeview digital tuner, DVD Player and iPod docking station. It is 12v DC supply, he even throws in a surge protector free of charge. The picture and sound are really good and it is also low power.

Rob

Just got a 19" Hitachi combi with built in Freeview. Has a transformer 'brick' to drop from 240v. I use mine on 12v with an Amperor regulator. Telly cost £200 from Argos, stunning pic quality

Many thanks for all your helpful replys. How do you find out if they have the 'brick'? And can you recomend a regulator? Sorry a bit clueless about it all :wacko:

What power rating are you looking for, Ali? (wattage)

Hmm not sure,just moving on to my boat so a little loose on the whole power issue

Guest wanted

I have always had bad luck with combi's, the last one I had the video (I know) part broke leaving me with a big TV with a small screen and now the flatty I have on the boat DVD drive has packed up as well. I only use it to watch films so I am a bit stuck! I intend to buy a small seperate dvd player and run alongside it.