Kromhout

Jacq

Featured Posts

The above video is the engine in the brown Tug,(not mine)

The pic ive posted is a test fit, so i will have a vid of it running in a while.(fingers crossed)

Chris,did you fit the bathroom on Florence ? Theres not much left as the bulkhead has been moved and the door is on the other side now.

• 2 weeks later...

The above video is the engine in the brown Tug,(not mine)

The pic ive posted is a test fit, so i will have a vid of it running in a while.(fingers crossed)

Chris,did you fit the bathroom on Florence ? Theres not much left as the bulkhead has been moved and the door is on the other side now.

No that was down to Dave n Glynis :)

our "impact" on Florence was not quite so noticeable...

ChrisB

• 1 month later...

This may be a long shot, but has anyone got an injector or nozzle like the one in the photos. Its off the Kromhout and is not an original but an aftermarket variable spray one.

The nozzle doesnt appear to be spraying correctly.

020.jpg

019.jpg

Edited by Jacq

Right,

I’m still having a few teething problems with the Kromhout. I’ve cleared the injector and I think that’s ok now. It starts easily and runs at tick over well. I can’t get it to rev up though.

I think it may be the governor which is centrifugal and on the back of the flywheel. It moves a collar with a cam on, back and forward. When its static the collar moves to full cam by spring tension. Adjusting the throttle lever up and down raises and lowers the fuel pump so fully lowered the fuel pump hits the cam on lts longest stroke giving a big squirt of fuel.

When its running the collar doesn’t seem to move far enough for the full cam to line up with the bottom of the fuel pump. I think it’s held back by a lack of spring tension to overcome centrifugal force.

It has run in forward and the collar pushed (manually) to full cam and it easily turns the prop, so it’s not so overproped to stop it spinning up.

So if I adjust the tension on the weights it should resist centrifugal force pushing it off cam?

Any ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive posted a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Florence7245?feature=mhee You can see the engine running but Im still having trouble reving it up.If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any help or advice.

Ive had 4 " of pitch taken off the prop as when measured it was 28 x 27. so its now down to 23 inch pitch.

Clements in St Neots did the work and I can strongly recomend them,very helpful.

Ive posted a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Florence7245?feature=mhee You can see the engine running but Im still having trouble reving it up.If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any help or advice.

Ive had 4 " of pitch taken off the prop as when measured it was 28 x 27. so its now down to 23 inch pitch.

Clements in St Neots did the work and I can strongly recomend them,very helpful.

Does it rev up out of gear?

Seems a reasonable amount of water moving - is that at "tick-over"?

Mike

Its quite complicated but simple to rev it out of gear ,if that makes any sense !

When in neutral you cannot rev the engine as a cam reduces the revs to tickover.You can set the lever half in gear and the gearbox "paddles" the shaft, this allows you to reach a point where the revs go from tickover to full within a couple of MM adjustment.

Ive cleaned the injector, numerous times, refurbished the one way valves in the supply line and cleaned the pump.

The only thing I havnt altered is the spring tension on the govenor.I think Ive nothing to loose so that is next.