Electrolux Dometic Travelpower 3.5

o b clathers

Featured Posts

Hi all I`m the proud owner of one of them Travelpower `thingies` but I just can`t get it to `kick in`

In fairness I`ve had it for 6 years and only just tried to use it, YES it`s been an EXTREMELY long fitout and it`s not finished yet ......

Anyway, I`ve spoken to mixtelematics who`ve taken me thru` the techie tests, which with re-magentising the alternator and stuff are all giving the correct readings in terms of voltage and resistance but it still wion`t work.

I`ve just noticed that on the on-off switch there`s a spade connector disconnected (black wire) whereas the red, yellow and green wires are all connected correctly to the on-off switch

My question is this - should the black wire be connected to the on-off switch on the (only) available connector ? I don`t want to try it without seeking further help in case I ruin the damned thing having never used it !

Any techies who are able to help ..... ?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Sorry can't help with the info you need but am interested in the units. Was given this link but it appears to be part of Dometic's discontinued line. Its been suggested a smaller company may have taken them over - anyone know who?

Hi..

I dug out my Travelpower manual...for my own 3.5k unit.

I'm not totally sure of your version...but this is what I have on mine :

On the bottom of the Travelpower is a square plug with 5 sockets.

My plug has coloured wires which may not be the same as yours but they are coded :

Pin 1. Black. Pin2. Brown. Pin 3. Red Pin 4. Yellow. Pin 5. Green.

If you look at the socket from the top...so that it is shorter at the top..and the longer plastic bit sticks down....the pins are numbered from left...5..4...3...2..1...

The remote control switch has 2 pins on one side and 3 on the other.

Looking at it with the 2 on the left and the three on the right as if the left is missing its top pin :

Bottom left Pin 1. Goes through a 1 amp fuse and to the battery positive via the boat engine ignition.

Above the bottom left pin is pin 2. Is joined to its opposite number on the right which is pin 5 and then goes to the Travelpower multiplug via the yellow wire to socket 4.

Bottom right on the switch is pin 4. This goes to the Travelpower multiplug via the green wire to socket 5.

That just leaves the top right switch pin on the switch which is pin 6. This goes to the Travelpower multiplug via a brown wire to socket 2.

That leaves 2 sockets on the Travelpower multipin socket...which are :

Socket 1. This is a black wire that goes to battery negative.

Socket 3. This is a red wire and goes directly ( not switched) to battery positive via a 5 amp fuse.

This only applies to my unit...I cannot guarantee yours is the same.

Good luck.

Bob

Edited by Bobbybass

Positive?

PC

"I wondered when you'd spot that Pike"...

Thanks for pointing that out...you are right of course...and I have corrected it.

Its been a long day...and the beer here at Bugsworth...is rather strong....

:cheers:

Bob

There are two versions of this unit. One in a silver case, one in a black case. They are almost completely different inside.

The two descriptions appear to be of the two different types. OP's sounds like a silver one. If so that connector just needs bunging on the spare spade on the switch. If it's the black one then your description makes no sense.

I`m back ! been away for a few days

Did it work ...... ? nope, unfortunately

All of the readings were fine (as per the instructions) took it up to 2000 revs and it didn`t kick-in, then took it up to 3000 revs and it STILL didn`t kick-in

I`m now considering chucking it in the cut ...... but reluctant to do so because it`s worth a lot of dosh, well to my humble means anyway

Neither of the lights illuminate (green & red) and there`s just NO output on the 230v side, the alternator is working fine because I`m getting voltage readings at the end of the cables before it enters the box, any suggestions on how to test the on-off switch would be appreciated

Richard