Wilsons of Kinver - merged topic

bottle

Featured Posts

Thanks for pointing that out dor

I am a bit fed up with the glib way phoenix start-ups are celebrated in this country. Happy talk about jobs saved and a rescued business usually hides suppliers who have been stitched up. It it totally legal in this country for a failing business to 'pre-pack' - effectively steal from their suppliers and continue on as if nothing happened. In my view it is outright theft and should be criminalised. If your business has failed then take it on the chin and find something else to do!

Take Canary Wharf for example. Hailed as a great success (not least from BW) numerous sub-contractors suffered badly or had to go bankrupt themselves due to non-payment from the developers.

Deliberate?

Who knows?

Tone

Take Canary Wharf for example. Hailed as a great success (not least from BW) numerous sub-contractors suffered badly or had to go bankrupt themselves due to non-payment from the developers.

Deliberate?

Who knows?

Tone

Its funny you should mention Canary Wharf because over the five years between 2005/6 and 2009/10 (I do not yet have figures for last year) BW invested £51.4m of public money in Wood Wharf which is next door to Canary Wharf. Would anybody like to guess how much this investment has contributed to our waterways?

Its funny you should mention Canary Wharf because over the five years between 2005/6 and 2009/10 (I do not yet have figures for last year) BW invested £51.4m of public money in Wood Wharf which is next door to Canary Wharf. Would anybody like to guess how much this investment has contributed to our waterways?

Zero

• 1 month later...

No agenda here, I was talking to a guy today who had attended Crick show and is about to order a cratch cover from Wilsons after seeing them at the show.

I was sure I read somewhere about them ceasing trading? insolvency? Probably on here.

The guy I was talking to had no knowledge of any company problems and to use his words " he was talking to the old chap he had spoken to a year previous at the show, though this year he seemed more keen to do business"

The companies house website shows This.

My point for discussion : Is the trading of Wilsons at Crick show legal, given the information on the companies house website of the Wind up Date.

Cheers

A

No agenda here, I was talking to a guy today who had attended Crick show and is about to order a cratch cover from Wilsons after seeing them at the show.

I was sure I read somewhere about them ceasing trading? insolvency? Probably on here.

The guy I was talking to had no knowledge of any company problems and to use his words " he was talking to the old chap he had spoken to a year previous at the show, though this year he seemed more keen to do business"

The companies house website shows This.

My point for discussion : Is the trading of Wilsons at Crick show legal, given the information on the companies house website of the Wind up Date.

Cheers

A

Previous thread with info.

Edited by MJG

True Fact No. 1286 ...

Wilsons Of Kinver have been in business under one guise or another for over 50 years. they have in their own way contributed alot to the waterways of today, and even now you'll see regular reminders of the family history almost everywhere you go.

I personally would like to wish the Wilsons the best for the future, and future success.

• Greenie 2

They are now trading again under a slightly changed name. We had ordered covers and seat pads prior to the 'problem' which were duly delivered with no problem at all, same people just slightly different trading name.

They are now trading again under a slightly changed name. We had ordered covers and seat pads prior to the 'problem' which were duly delivered with no problem at all, same people just slightly different trading name.

I am sure the creditors they did not pay will be very pleased to hear that.

Not having a go at you just the system that allows a company to wind up one day and re-emerge again the next under a different name leaving many small companies unpaid.

I personally would hope that no one would buy anything from the new Wilsons until all the previous creditors had been paid or an agreement reached with them to pay off debt had been reached. I expect that HMRC will be big creditors and that effects everyone.

Don't pay until the job has been completed satisfactorily.

Don't pay tell them you have gone broke, give them a bit of there own medicine!!! Shame you can not do this but they can........

True Fact No. 1286 ...

Wilsons Of Kinver have been in business under one guise or another for over 50 years. they have in their own way contributed alot to the waterways of today, and even now you'll see regular reminders of the family history almost everywhere you go.

I personally would like to wish the Wilsons the best for the future, and future success.

Ah sorry I never realised. That makes it ok then for them not to pay there creditors. I am so sorry that I was not aware of there history, hopefully they will in that case continue to not pay creditors and keep the jolly old history going.

• Greenie 2

I am sure the creditors they did not pay will be very pleased to hear that.

Not having a go at you just the system that allows a company to wind up one day and re-emerge again the next under a different name leaving many small companies unpaid.

I personally would hope that no one would buy anything from the new Wilsons until all the previous creditors had been paid or an agreement reached with them to pay off debt had been reached. I expect that HMRC will be big creditors and that effects everyone.

Don't pay tell them you have gone broke, give them a bit of there own medicine!!! Shame you can not do this but they can........

Have you evidence that they don't pay their creditors? They may have to wait but some do pay their debts. I know others don't but it is unsafe to generalise.

Sue

• Greenie 1

Have you evidence that they don't pay their creditors? They may have to wait but some do pay their debts. I know others don't but it is unsafe to generalise.

Sue

Quite.

I continued to use them because we had already ordered and been templated, though not paid anything. They honoured the work and to my knowledge have/are sorted from before now.

Not all companies are baddies, though some are of course, but as Sue says, we shouldn't assume a course of action that we don't know.

this is doubling with another thread.....

We should be careful not to assume a business hasn't paid it's creditors. Many don't I know, but there are those that do aswell.

yes there are 2 threads but I will just repeat it is a Creditors Liquidation the clue is in the name!!!!

Ah sorry I never realised. That makes it ok then for them not to pay there creditors. I am so sorry that I was not aware of there history, hopefully they will in that case continue to not pay creditors and keep the jolly old history going.

I'm afraid I agree.

I can't see it is good for a company, whatever it's history, to manage to keep re-arising from the ashes by the simple expedient of those it owed money to having to lose out.

One companies survival should not be at the expense of further putting the squeeze on another one it owed money to.

(Generic comment about any such company - not specifically about Wilsons!.....)

• Greenie 1

I think the fact that it is a creditors liquidation might be a big clue!!!!!!!!!!

Not necessarily. Butcher Woods will ensure, if it's at all possible, that all creditors get paid in full even if it may take some time.

As Sue says, we shouldn't pre-judge.

Tony