Wilsons of Kinver - merged topic

bottle

Featured Posts

In my experience what Butcher Woods will ensure is that the amount raised by selling off the assets will be exactly the same as Butcher Woods' "fee" and the creditors will get f*ck all. As usual.

Butcher Woods (both sponsers of the same local rugby club along with Wilsons of Kinver (2+2 may equal 4 here))

Told the goverment that Myself and Scott were not entitiled to our redundancy pay(paid for out of the National Insurance fund not Wilsons itself).. A total of well over £4000.

After a single email to the goverment It turns out they are not happy with the way Butcher woods are conducting the liquidation and have awarded us our payment.

All is well

Smoke, fire etc. You make up your own minds.

Ian

Kinver Canopies

What really makes me angry is the £77,000 owed to employees in wages and redundancy, the government meaning you and me will pay the statuary redundancy but not the wages owed and things like holiday pay.

Yes guess the employees at Wilsons might also have had wet pants.

To be fair to Wilsons... None of us had any wages owed and our holiday for that year had only just started. I have had to fight or a redundancy pay out as Butcher woods told the goverment we were not entitled to it...

Hey I've worked from the age of 13 so i'm sure at the age of 37 with 17 years at the same company I've already paid for my share of the statuary redundancy.

All in all Wilson did what they could to help the staff. Now I'm just happy that i'm working for myself after making what should of been a fortune for them. ;)

Ian Underwood, Kinver Canopies (ex-Wilsons staff)

Apologies if I am covering old ground, but I read a suggestion that Wilsons covers business ran as a separate company to the furniture side which remained solvent. Two minutes suggests that only one company exists, Wilsons of Kinver Ltd which is involuntary liquidation.

Can someone confirm that you can not continue to trade if in voluntary liquidation 9n which case Wilsons must be trading under a different name.

BTW it was 113 boats at Braunston.

I passed there yesterday. There were two parked white vans with the old Wilson's insignia painted out and an apparently new sign on the main building 'Wilson'. So perhaps that is the new name.

Same old website, though.

Isn't the post above yours a clue to the new name?

I'm not sure Carl. Kinver Canopies call themselves ex-Wilsons staff. Is this different to a phoenix company called 'Wilson'?

Richard

I would say so.

If the original directors are gone and the employees are hoping to carry on then I would wish them well.

perhaps Ian could confirm this I believe the ex Wilson directors are now running a company called Wilsons Covers Ltd. and Ian's company is called Kinver Canopies Ltd and has no ex directors of Wilsons of Kinver

perhaps Ian could confirm this I believe the ex Wilson directors are now running a company called Wilsons Covers Ltd. and Ian's company is called Kinver Canopies Ltd and has no ex directors of Wilsons of Kinver

When we visited the Wilsons stand at Crick we were given a brochure and the 'of Kinver' was blacked out. So I assumed they were trading as just 'Wilsons'

Let's face it, the Wilsons are serial defaulters who pocket the money and leave their suppliers out of pocket.

I would like to think that the towpath telegraph would stop people having anything to do with them.

This seems to imply that the phoenix company is competing with its ex-staff. What are the ethics of that ???

This seems to imply that the phoenix company is competing with its ex-staff. What are the ethics of that ???

What are the ethics? Companies always compete with each other, what's the difference here?

Richard

When we visited the Wilsons stand at Crick we were given a brochure and the 'of Kinver' was blacked out. So I assumed they were trading as just 'Wilsons'

What are the ethics? Companies always compete with each other, what's the difference here?

Richard

Good question. I think I have banged on long enough and made my feelings fairly clear about the situation where former directors of liquidated companies are just able to restart. What still concerns me is one of these companies has been able to complete orders originally placed with Wilsons of Kinver Ltd. as if nothing had happened, that to me would seem like not only unfair competition but very unethical, unless these uncompleted orders were purchased from the liquidator. I find this unlikely as the final figures showed £800 as work in progress.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Yep Kinver Canopies (a brand new company) has ONLY Scott and myself Ian (ex wilsons of kinver).

The re-branded Wilsons of Kinver, now Wilson covers still has Ian and Ralph Wilson running it with a few of the old staff.

May I also use this post to thank all the people who we have worked for since starting up.You have been very true to your words and helped us a great deal by letting people know we are now trading and would love more customers.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...

We have ordered a new bed settee from Ralph Wilson. (Wilsons upholstery) he didn't want a deposit or any sort of payment at this stage.

He gives the impression that he is busy saying, "we have doubled our sales of last July already this month". When we arrived at Wilsons, I went into the non office end of the building which is a workshop. Apart from the wooden work benches it was empty. I went to the office and there were two people, presumably Wilson Covers, who couldn't help me. They called Ralph and showed me into the mobile showroom. Ralph arrived five minutes later saying I had interrupted his weekend away as he was on his way to the Cotswolds. He mentioned this about five times. His Northern sense of humour I guess. He apologised for taking our order on a piece of paper. I got the impression that he has little business, I may be wrong. As long as I get the settee and I pay for it,I can't see owt wrong with that.

Just seemed a strange way of doing business. It takes all sorts.

Martyn

Yes, I know it's an old thread.

Edited by Nightwatch

We stopped at Kinver a couple of weeks ago as we were boating past and called in to look at sofa beds. The lady in the office called Ralph and showed us in to his mobile showroom, Ralph promptly arrived discussed options with us and after a fair amount of discussion we placed an order. No deposit required and we got a call this week to say the order was ready for delivery and we will pay once it is on our boat so hopefully next weekend we will be happy owners of the new sofa bed chairs.

• 4 weeks later...

Had our sofa delivered today. Arranged with Ralph that 'his' driver would meet us at the Jolly Boatman pub at lunchtime today.

We were on schedule to be there at lunchtime, recieved a call from what I thought to be 'his' driver at 1015. I quickly realised it was Ralph on the phone so he is 'his ' driver.

We met him at the lift bridge in Thrupp. He had apparently been asking Everyman and his dog where we were moored, adding that we should have been there but weren't. When we arrived about ten minutes after his call he was rude to the extreme. Not just northern rude but RUDE! If I hadn't already paid the day before and really needed the sofa I would certainly have been tempted to send him on his way.

Maffi was around at the time and asked if the van could be moved and all he recieved was "in ten minutes".

Very pleased with the settee/ sofa but not Wilsons sadly.

Martyn

When we bought our settee from KINVERS in 2010 RALPH was very charming when we placed the order, but he was a little tetchy when making the delivery. We put in down to his age and perhaps the travelling to BATH was a bit too much for him. The settee come pull out bed has served us well and was worth the cost.

When we bought our settee from KINVERS in 2010 RALPH was very charming when we placed the order, but he was a little tetchy when making the delivery. We put in down to his age and perhaps the travelling to BATH was a bit too much for him. The settee come pull out bed has served us well and was worth the cost.

For what it it is worth, before Wilsons of Kinver went into voluntary liquidation, I had dealings with them on behalf of one of their major customers. At that time, Ralph was semi retired but still dealing with 'major accounts' and publicity via attendance at various events.

All I can say is that the service received was excellent.

We dealt with Wilson's, in various guises, for ten years as a trade customer. I was some times uncomfortable with their legal business position, but they never once let us down, for new work, or on warranty,they were swift,, efficient and good quality.

I only went into the "old Wilson's" once, to enquire about a new cratch cover, about ten days into a fortnights cruise.

Some snotty cow at the reception desk told me that they were all out. No apology. It was my fault. I should have made an appointment.

Of course, she could have asked me if I was mooring in Kinver overnight (I was) and perhaps someone would be available in the morning? But, oh, no, everyone was far too busy.

An older woman came into the office and overheard heard the tail end of the conversation, looked a bit horrified, and tried to smooth things over, but by then the damage was done.

I wasn't really what she said that got up my nose, it was the way that she said it, in a Basil Fawlty style "too busy running this place to be bothered by customers". I'm not surprised they went belly-up.

I called them once to make me a cratch cover, as their label was on the old one.

They very bluntly told me Reading was too far. I said I appreciated there was substantial traveling time involved and would happily pay whatever additional costs they needed to cover all their traveling time and costs.

They still point blank refused, bluntly to the point of rudeness. I had a really nice cover done by someone else, whose name escapes my for the moment...

MtB