Wilsons of Kinver - merged topic

bottle

Featured Posts

We've just had front cratch board and cover and top box cover all done by Wilsons. Perfectly happy with it.

It's worth noting that Scott and Ian (the Wilson's out on site guys) have set themselves up at Kinver Canopies. Same manufacturers for the boards and covers as Wilsons use and Scott and Ian do the templating, fitting as always. Ran into them yesterday and they're doing well. The website's not properly active yet, but if you want a phone number, PM me!!

Well we have to speak as we find and I have had several dealings with them over a few years both for furniture and a cratch cover. I always found their service and their products good. It will be a shame to lose them.

Agreed.

I read a blog just yesterday of someone at Wilson's waiting to have a cover repaired today. They said they thought Wilson's were closed but they wern't, it was just their sign was being repaired.

edit because I missed half the words out

Edited by ditchcrawler

It is sad, and having seen a few Wilsons' canopies they were on the shortlist for a new one for Juno, however they didn't help their own cause when, at the national last year (about a week after we'd bought Juno) we approached them and the woman said "I'm not sure we'd come as far as Bath"

So why are you at a national rally in Reading, which is even further from Kinver?

Ho hum a one horse race it is then, Mastawerks, the job's yours

well, it seems they are still trading, but under a slight name change. Anyone with orders in, it seems will still be sorted, and they have just re-grouped slightly. I have had a chat and acceptable reasoning from them about the situation. Keith is still fitting (phew) so all seems ok as far as I can ascertain.

We have used them for a long time, and have always found them to be efficient and helpful for any repairs also.

I understand they will still be attending Crick Show.

I wonder if their suppliers are still being paid. They may well honour agreements to customers, but with creditor liquidation & phoenix revival it is usually the suppliers that lose out.

Why else would they reappear with a different trading name?

Sad news but good luck to the lads setting up again :cheers:

Hubby will be sad to hear he won't be getting his "Wilson" recliner :rolleyes: ... can anybody recommend an alternative please?

I've got a couple of the Avanti style in black and very good they are too.

http://www.italianfurnituredirect.co.uk/products/reclining-armchairs.htm

I wonder if their suppliers are still being paid. They may well honour agreements to customers, but with creditor liquidation & phoenix revival it is usually the suppliers that lose out.

Yes, that worries me too.

Twice in my working life I was the victim of companies going into liquidation owing me money. In both cases they started up again under different names, buying machinery and equipment from themselves at ludicrously low prices before the receiver grabbed them and owing suppliers thousands of pounds.

A haulier I worked for lost his home because he was stitched up by a plastics company called Lanson Plastics, who then set themselves up again, just up the road, called Solan Plastics, and even had the gall to ask him to carry for them again! (He didn't).

Going into liquidation is often just legalised theft, and I understand that it doesn't happen in America.

Tone

Edited by canaldrifter

Thanks for pointing that out dor

I am a bit fed up with the glib way phoenix start-ups are celebrated in this country. Happy talk about jobs saved and a rescued business usually hides suppliers who have been stitched up. It it totally legal in this country for a failing business to 'pre-pack' - effectively steal from their suppliers and continue on as if nothing happened. In my view it is outright theft and should be criminalised. If your business has failed then take it on the chin and find something else to do!

• Greenie 1

Yes, that worries me too.

Twice in my working life I was the victim of companies going into liquidation owing me money. In both cases they started up again under different names, buying machinery and equipment from themselves at ludicrously low prices before the receiver grabbed them and owing suppliers thousands of pounds.

A haulier I worked for lost his home because he was stitched up by a plastics company called Lanson Plastics, who then set themselves up again, just up the road, called Solan Plastics, and even had the gall to ask him to carry for them again! (He didn't).

Going into liquidation is often just legalised theft, and I understand that it doesn't happen in America.

Tone

Waterways World, May issue, page 22 carries 1/4 page ad for Anthony M Ltd....................

I must say I do not know Wilsons (in as much as I have never dealt with them) but if they have re appeared under a different name with the same directors (an that is a big IF as I do not know) then this is just another example of the failings of UK Company Law and Limited companies.

As you rightly say it is always the suppliers and creditors that lose out.

Tone

I agree about the legalised theft. In America they do have more or less the same a very complicated system called "Chapter 11"

Thanks for pointing that out dor

I am a bit fed up with the glib way phoenix start-ups are celebrated in this country. Happy talk about jobs saved and a rescued business usually hides suppliers who have been stitched up. It it totally legal in this country for a failing business to 'pre-pack' - effectively steal from their suppliers and continue on as if nothing happened. In my view it is outright theft and should be criminalised. If your business has failed then take it on the chin and find something else to do!

Have a greeny rolleyes.gif