New BW Bidding Clause

GeoffS

Featured Posts

I downloaded the details for this BW Auction (I have also noticed this on some others too)

https://www.bwmoorin...ils.php?id=3010

The PDF version has the following additional clause that does not show when viewing online:

"All auctions are scheduled to close at 13:00. However, a bid sniping facility will be

activated if a bid is submitted in the last five minutes of the auction. This facility will

allow the auction to continue running until there is five minutes of non-activity (no bids

submitted)."

Sorry indeed it was and has been for some time. It is just that I hadn't noticed on the main web page and that it is only in the pdf document. Apologies.

Can you now see what other bidders have bid, then?

If not, I can't see what difference it makes as to when you choose to put a bid in.

You could see what others have bid by using the Bid History button on the details page for each individual auction. So, what you could do, is have two browser tabs open, one with the page to bid and one with the bid history and just refresh the bid history page periodically to watch the bids (if there are any placed) being submitted.

The point of the anti-sniping is to allow others 5 minutes thinking time after a counter-bid has been placed to determine if they really do want to continue with the process.

All the best,

Paul