Food shopping ripoff

Scooby

Featured Posts

I like Morrisons because their foods are generally very good quality but at a reasonable price. M&S and Waitrose probably beat them on absolute quality but the high prices tip the scales against them.

Morrisons are one of the few stores where I trust the 'own brand' stuff.

Sainsbury's, in comparison, charge a lot for things which aren't all that great.

Tescos never seem to have good fruit and veg, and someone dinged my car there 2 weeks after I bought it (partly, I suspect, because the parking bays are so narrow) so I don't like going there.

The local Asda really is full of track-suited halfwits and after once spending five minutes waiting for one particularly slack jawed specimin to choose a single pack of sausages (which I think they put back in the end) I resolved never to go there ever again, without weaponry. I don't know if they're all like that but our local one certainly is, and I can't cope with the sheer hassle of getting round the store.

The local Co-op isn't bad. People moan about the prices but I find that because the choice is limited I buy less, and still manage to eat perfectly well. Sometimes really cheap prices just encourage you to buy lots of tat you don't need.

As others have said, Aldi and Lidl are more for entertainment value than anything else. I tend to buy odd stuff at random just to see if I like it.

Probably similar number if you lived in Bognor Regis to get to waitrose in Chichester. i've not counted to be honest.

what? sainsbury's upped and left 20 years ago, morrisons took over the old safeway in the centre of town and Tesco is on the A29 not the 259! not aware of a lidl or an aldi in that dump of a town!! although there is a lidl in Chi on the old sainsbury site (the one that mysteriously caught fire - a big cover up there!!)

wine has got expensive no matter where you buy it from!!!!! :(

asda 3 for a tenner! the missus loves them!

Always compare the offers with standard prices in the same shop - Tesco and Morrisons regularly have end of aisle two for one promotions on chicken that are more expensive per Kg than the standard price.

you are not supposed to notice that Trevor!! but yes Asda does similar trickery!

trouble is we buy 3........we drink 3.....yes we know we have a problem :cheers:

what wrong with that? hic! :cheers:

someone dinged my car there 2 weeks after I bought it (partly, I suspect, because the parking bays are so narrow) so I don't like going there.

Just when is this country going to realise that right angled parking bays are a real pain in the arse and angled ones will save lots of hassle :angry:

what? sainsbury's upped and left 20 years ago, morrisons took over the old safeway in the centre of town and Tesco is on the A29 not the 259! not aware of a lidl or an aldi in that dump of a town!! although there is a lidl in Chi on the old sainsbury site (the one that mysteriously caught fire - a big cover up there!!)

Like I said, I hadn't counted :)

There is a Lidl in that dump of a town

- Shripney Road, The Peel Centre

Bognor Regis West Sussex/PO22 9TR

I like Morrisons because their foods are generally very good quality but at a reasonable price. M&S and Waitrose probably beat them on absolute quality but the high prices tip the scales against them.

Morrisons are one of the few stores where I trust the 'own brand' stuff.

Sainsbury's, in comparison, charge a lot for things which aren't all that great.

Tescos never seem to have good fruit and veg, and someone dinged my car there 2 weeks after I bought it (partly, I suspect, because the parking bays are so narrow) so I don't like going there.

The local Asda really is full of track-suited halfwits and after once spending five minutes waiting for one particularly slack jawed specimin to choose a single pack of sausages (which I think they put back in the end) I resolved never to go there ever again, without weaponry. I don't know if they're all like that but our local one certainly is, and I can't cope with the sheer hassle of getting round the store.

The local Co-op isn't bad. People moan about the prices but I find that because the choice is limited I buy less, and still manage to eat perfectly well. Sometimes really cheap prices just encourage you to buy lots of tat you don't need.

As others have said, Aldi and Lidl are more for entertainment value than anything else. I tend to buy odd stuff at random just to see if I like it.

With M&S I always reckon my bowel movement is smoother and M&S posh SH1 slides out easier. Shame they don't do an advert on that - it could launch a million S...s. 'This isn't any...' :wacko: