Severn run

nigel carton

Featured Posts

Anybody planning to do the Severn run next week? I will be out from Sharpness lock 9am Tuesday 3rd (HW 0854) down to Portishead. Weather permitting :captain:

Nigel

Have a look at stoppages on the Gloucester Sharpness, there are restrictions due to low water levels from Tues 3rd May.

Steve

Must have been a while sinse I did this run, you know have to pay £25 to lock through at Sharpness!

Nigel, pasted from Waterscape:

Fees for leisure craft passing through the Sea Lock at Sharpness.

Lockage fee of £25 per boat per lock

Appropriate British Waterways’ licence

Long Term Licence holders (River & Canal or River Only) benefit from a number of inclusive lock passages:

12 Months 16 lock passages

6 Months 8 lock passages

3 Months 4 lock passages

I've always read that as with a long term canal & river licence you dont pay as it is "inclusive" Am I reading it wrongly?

In reality it doesnt really matter as however hard I try I cant persuade the other half its something we should do.

Steve

The boats going no where at the mo,

Gale warnings - Issued: 2135 UTC Sun 01 May

Easterly gale force 8 expected soon

Shipping Forecast - Issued: 1625 UTC Mon 02 May

WindEasterly, veering southeasterly 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 until later.Sea StateModerate or rough.WeatherThundery showers.VisibilityModerate or good

Has to be down to a 2 for me and the Pilot. Fridays looking good, but unfortunately I've got plans for the weekend, so its going to be next week now :(

Nigel, pasted from Waterscape:

Fees for leisure craft passing through the Sea Lock at Sharpness.

Lockage fee of £25 per boat per lock

Appropriate British Waterways' licence

Long Term Licence holders (River & Canal or River Only) benefit from a number of inclusive lock passages:

12 Months 16 lock passages

6 Months 8 lock passages

3 Months 4 lock passages

I've always read that as with a long term canal & river licence you dont pay as it is "inclusive" Am I reading it wrongly?

In reality it doesnt really matter as however hard I try I cant persuade the other half its something we should do.

Steve

Steve

I have a normal 12 month canal licence and paid no lock fees, just paid for the pilot.

Just keep trying to persuade her a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...