Photo of misty river wanted

florimondo

Featured Posts

If it is for the art work then that is tricky. Here are some ideas featuring boats, the first two from a SPCC trip to the Royal Docks in 2009 and the last one from the 2009 BCN Challenge which needs a bit more mist for atmosphere. I can't remember who but I have a memory of some one posting some brilliantly evocative pictures of the 2009 BCN Challenge - a google may find them.

Royal Docks 1

Royal Docks 2

BCN 2009

Edited by RichardN

Here's some more:

HPIM6072.JPG

HPIM1012.JPG

HPIM1021.JPG

Tone

Thanks canaldrifter beautiful pictures but not quite what I want.

Hi,

Here is a couple of snaps I took at Alrewas on the River Trent...... you are welcome to use these if you want.

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Staffordshire/Alrewas/pictures/1117514

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Staffordshire/Alrewas/pictures/1117673

Great pictures Bargiepat, Im going to spend some time going through them all, thanks.

Search deviantart.com - it's a massive resource full of amazing graphics and pictures.

This is an example, in the Waterscapes section.

http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/nature/waterscapes/?q=misty river#/d2gd2ow

Edited to add the link and 'cause I can't spell.

Thanks TWBM will check the site out

If it is for the art work then that is tricky. Here are some ideas featuring boats, the first two from a SPCC trip to the Royal Docks in 2009 and the last one from the 2009 BCN Challenge which needs a bit more mist for atmosphere. I can't remember who but I have a memory of some one posting some brilliantly evocative pictures of the 2009 BCN Challenge - a google may find them.

Royal Docks 1

Royal Docks 2

BCN 2009

Great pictures Richardn, but not quite what I had in mind, thanks anyway

A few more, that I took on the Trent 3 years ago:

P1020687r.jpg

P1020697r.jpg

P1020698r.jpg

Hi Allan, really like the first one for the light quality, but not exactly what I want, thanks anyway

Thanks to all the members that have helped me with this. I am trying something new [or at least I havnt seen it done on a canal boat] It is a process called vehicle wrapping [google or you tube it]In over simplified terms it involves having your image printed on plastic then stuck on the boat. So "Avalon Mist" I am thinking misty magical place with the likes of Merlin, king Arthur, excalibur unicorns?? I will probably start with the right background and then try photoshoping things on to it.

Any ideas feedback suggestions would be most welcome. As the boat is not traditional I want to get away from traditional decoration and introduce some modern art and techniques. Could be fun.

Taken at Stalham staithe on the broads in 2006 - it won a photo competition at work.....feel free to use it

Broadshol045.jpg

Thanks it really is beautiful, but if you read my latest post it may give you a bit more of and idea what I am after

Thanks it really is beautiful, but if you read my latest post it may give you a bit more of and idea what I am after

But given your latest post was 9.38pm and I posted my offering at 9.26pm how could have I done that....

anyway what ever - good luck in your quest....

But given your latest post was 9.38pm and I posted my offering at 9.26pm how could have I done that....

anyway what ever - good luck in your quest....

There is no way on earth that you could have I just wanted to inform you that I had seen your picture, thank you for sending it and inform you what I was looking for in more detail. If you could see my post before I wrote it perhaps I should have a picture of you on the boat instead of Merlin.

There is no way on earth that you could have I just wanted to inform you that I had seen your picture, thank you for sending it and inform you what I was looking for in more detail. If you could see my post before I wrote it perhaps I should have a picture of you on the boat instead of Merlin.

Have you thought about getting out and about and taking some of your own....???

Have you thought about getting out and about and taking some of your own....???

would love to but Im in New Zealand at the moment and I cant get that wonderful quality of light and mist that you find in the UK and France. I have ammased hundreds of images but I am looking for just the right one. I will be back in the UK in June and on AM for the summer so if all else fails I will try and get some photos then. Thanks.

Hi,

Just fiddled with this image of mine........ only problem I trashed the large file. But I am going past there in about 4 weeks time .

AvalonMist.jpg

Hi Bargiepat the area just above the locks is fabulous, the mist and the light. When I get what I want it is going to have to be stretched to over 40ft long by about 4 foot high, I have to get it just right for something that size, but I think if it is well done it could look great.If you can resurect your last pic without the font] can you send it to me in as high a resalution as you can to florimondo@gmail.com

Many thanks

Slightly off topic, I'm familiar with with vehicle wrapping and know it to be robust enough for vehicles where contact with other vehicles/walls/bridges etc. is generally avoided. Have you considered it's ability to withstand the occasional unavoidable trip through the trees, contact with lock gates etc? There's not a boat on the cut that doesn't have some sort of mark or scar on the cabin sides. It'd be a shame to see your perfect picture peeled off.

petsandboat082.jpg

Nice misty shot, but not sure about the boat, thanks anyway

Slightly off topic, I'm familiar with with vehicle wrapping and know it to be robust enough for vehicles where contact with other vehicles/walls/bridges etc. is generally avoided. Have you considered it's ability to withstand the occasional unavoidable trip through the trees, contact with lock gates etc? There's not a boat on the cut that doesn't have some sort of mark or scar on the cabin sides. It'd be a shame to see your perfect picture peeled off.

Hi TWBM, yes I know, Im going to have to be careful and see how it goes, it is only going to be the sides and poss the roof and not the hull so Im hoping it will work, If it does its a hell of a lot cheaper than a pro paint job, will keep the forum informed.

Cheers

Edited by florimondo

I'm not sure the roof is a good idea, too slippery surely???

That thought had been going through my mind, one option I was thinking of was misty river on the side fading into blue blck starry night for the roof, then I could just have a ribbed rubber strip down the centre for a walkway. But I do take you point its a very valid one and it could well be better to paint the night sky.

Thanks for the interest.