Keeping Up in 2011

Keeping Up

Featured Posts

it would indeed be great, but I think you'll be there first as we're going to Gloucester (and maybe Sharpness) first.

What will you do when you reach the Severn, perhaps our paths will cross then?

You can track us on Water Explorer (see link in the signature)

Allan, you're probably aware, but there were restrictions on Gloucester lock opening, every 2 hours I think, not sure if it's still the case, but I can think of better places to hang about rather than the wall at the bottom!

Allan, you're probably aware, but there were restrictions on Gloucester lock opening, every 2 hours I think, not sure if it's still the case, but I can think of better places to hang about rather than the wall at the bottom!

Thanks for the reminder. As you say, the wall below the lock is not the most delightful place to spend a couple of hours. I must remember to check with the lock keeper as I come down the river. Maybe the rain we're about to have for the next few days, will make a difference.

Do '1' above and tap wrist watch with forefinger.This is getting complicated. Just shout "BEER!!!!!!. It will all make sense.

Yes this is the universal sign for "Beer O'clock"

right or left hand in drinking motion and tapping of wrist watch

Please if any one see's a sixty foot NB crewed by one adult (me) and three teenagers

next week between marple and wolverhamton stop me and restore my sanity :cheers:

Just had a wonderful trip down the river Severn, with a marvellous current pushing us along (except when it stopped completely, below Upper Lode Lock, presumably stopped in its tracks by a high tide). So now we're in the middle of Gloucester Docks for a couple of days, before spending a few days on the G&S canal. If you see us, do stop and say Hello.

Just had a wonderful trip down the river Severn, with a marvellous current pushing us along (except when it stopped completely, below Upper Lode Lock, presumably stopped in its tracks by a high tide). So now we're in the middle of Gloucester Docks for a couple of days, before spending a few days on the G&S canal. If you see us, do stop and say Hello.

We're in Droitwich Basin now, planning to turn right when we reach the Severn so it looks like we'll miss you this time.

Enjoy the rest of your trip :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

It's very crowded here at the Black Country Museum. We're spending a couple of weeks in the Birmingham area, so decided to come down to the BCM for the weekend. Boats are moored breasted up on both sides here, so there was great fun when President and Kildare arrived too!

It's very crowded here at the Black Country Museum. We're spending a couple of weeks in the Birmingham area, so decided to come down to the BCM for the weekend. Boats are moored breasted up on both sides here, so there was great fun when President and Kildare arrived too!

Aha - they passed us on the Staffs & Worcs today - that's where they were off to!

Well we're now on to plan B.

For various reasons - including first the riots and then a selection of issues back in Milton Keynes that need attending to - we deecided to cut short our stay in Birmingham. By staying at Hopwood (it's an excellent pub there) we were able to have a fabulous day at Cadbury's with our daughter, son-in-law, and grand-daughter, and then to meet up with Smelly and Bagpuss for a highly alcoholic evening at Alvechurch.

So now we're heading home again, and we're back on the Grand Union again outside the sadly-closed Tom of the Wood pub.