Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Nibble

FRIDAAAY!

Featured Posts

'Frog Island for Mr Jones please' Arnty cristeen proffers a crumpled dubloon to the bar girlie.

She carries the foaming pint to the defector from Soviet climes.

'The interview? Well, after making a complete pigs ear of the little database test that had been set for candidates, the interview went OK. I have yet to hear but it's runnng the office of the South Down Society. The office is in the village (no travel :unsure: ) and something I am interested in - a campaigning group, trying to stop over development of the proposed National Park.

Well that's me back from shopping. I had no idea how difficult it could be getting a school blazer to fit an elephant. Time for some beer beer beer.

Funny old beer run last night, couldn't find Moley. Talpidea was not on it's mooring, most unusual for Moley not to leave a location for his bockle delivery. I DO hope there hasn't been a dreadful mistake.

Well that's me back from shopping. I had no idea how difficult it could be getting a school blazer to fit an elephant. Time for some beer beer beer.

Sir Snibble, your Lordship, you should have asked about school uniform for Nobber. I know a very nice little establishment, not too pricey, who will make uniforms (all sorts) for all little animals - and LARGE ones quite reasonably and very quickly. It's where I go to get my chefs whites etc so I am legal in the kitchen.

May I buy you a beer and Nobber a bun. Cedric is still sleeping off the packets of peanuts and lemonade he had, in large quantities, after you left yesterday on the beeer run.

Pingu sits on the bar ready to enjoy a pint of Black Sheep.

Pints all round, buns for the Pachyderms, peanuts, scratchings ...have whatever! I got the job!!!! ...Arnty cristeen skips around the VP just like a Bones on redx+ diesel :unsure:

Pints all round, buns for the Pachyderms, peanuts, scratchings ...have whatever! I got the job!!!! ...Arnty cristeen skips around the VP just like a Bones on redx+ diesel :unsure:

Congrats Christine. Well done. Lucky old South Downs.

Regards

David

Fantastic, Hooray, what a great way to end a Fridaaay afternoon.

A job in your own village, involved in something that you're interested in - what could be better? We can all relax now, knowing that the South Downs are safe in your hands!

Allan

Thank you Allan and Bullfrog.

In my excitement and in reality I have poured myself a stonkingly big G&T (but don't tell Snibble 'cos I could go on the norty list)

edited 'coz i hadn't seen Bullfrog's kind good wishes - thank you

Edited by Christine

Another SMS from our bedraggled Mole family, who seem to be faring slightly better today -

"What a difference. Fridaaay, sun sun sun. Most of day at BCM then through Netherton tunnel to Dry Dock pub, beer beer beer. Sun's out, middle of Black Country, on our doorstep but it's glorious. Going4 dinner soon, top nosh & dead cheap. Cheers, Ade"

Glad the weather's picked up for them.

Janet

Oh what a wonderful week this has been!

Congratulations Christine! I am thrilled for you.........

everything seems to be going so well, Nobber is all set up ready for School and enjoying buns, a happy group of friends enjoying a lunchtime drink in the VP on a Fridaaay, HBF is free to serve beer every day without the restrictions of his 'other job' and a new gribbly thing in the family!

Ahhhh blissss........... We all love Fridaaays :unsure:

I am told I may also complete on my new home in a couple of weeks and I feel certain that should scare me half to death but it does not at the moment. I must remember to ask Snibble if I can rent out Nobber to help with the house move!

Oh what a wonderful week this has been!

Congratulations Christine! I am thrilled for you.........

everything seems to be going so well, Nobber is all set up ready for School and enjoying buns, a happy group of friends enjoying a lunchtime drink in the VP on a Fridaaay, HBF is free to serve beer every day without the restrictions of his 'other job' and a new gribbly thing in the family!

Ahhhh blissss........... We all love Fridaaays :unsure:

I am told I may also complete on my new home in a couple of weeks and I feel certain that should scare me half to death but it does not at the moment. I must remember to ask Snibble if I can rent out Nobber to help with the house move!

Very wise - I'm sure that if you want a house moved Nobber is just the Effelunt for the job

Very wise - I'm sure that if you want a house moved Nobber is just the Effelunt for the job

Probably far more effective than using a herd of cattle to move it, as in this house-moving picture that I took in Chile

Antarctic01395r.jpg

Incidentally I cheated, it's a picture of a picture that was in a museum.

Allan

Finally recovered from the pounding Hangover induced by Thursday's celebrations the HBF returns to the bar, empties the honesty box into the till (and makes a mental note to remind Nobber that sprout leaves are not, technically, valid currency) and sets about getting ready for the sunday rush.

Those standing close can here him singing to himself I went to a marina yesterday, I went to a marina yesterday!

Pingu wanders into the VP.

"Hello HBF. Not many people about today. Must be the good weather keeping everyone out and about. No doubt they will be in later. Can you have a word with Spot and Molly for me please. Everytime I try to dig out a large hole to fill with water for me to swim in (I need it in warm weather) they appear and either drop toys or bones (not that Bones) in and refill it. I have been at it for days with no success. Maybe some others could help a poor little penguin".

Nobber, good luck at school tomorrow and if I've heard you've been a good boy I will give you a bun when you get home. I might even help you with homework! (provided it's not toooo difficult).

HBF can I have a pint of Ramrod please. Shame Youngs no longer deliver by dray, I'll miss talking to the horses.

Further update from Moley, received yesterday, but only posted today as I've been out fluff chucking....

"Well, if anything it's too hot today. Lynn's been burnt. Late away. Only gone 8 miles, 13 locks. Home 2moro. ALready tied up outside pub and on 3rd. Ade"

Never happy, is he? Only joking. He has my total sympathy! I've just been through all that. So glad that they've at least had a couple of good days to enjoy their boating.

Janet

Pingu wanders into the VP.

"Hello HBF. Not many people about today. Must be the good weather keeping everyone out and about. No doubt they will be in later. Can you have a word with Spot and Molly for me please. Everytime I try to dig out a large hole to fill with water for me to swim in (I need it in warm weather) they appear and either drop toys or bones (not that Bones) in and refill it. I have been at it for days with no success. Maybe some others could help a poor little penguin".

Nobber, good luck at school tomorrow and if I've heard you've been a good boy I will give you a bun when you get home. I might even help you with homework! (provided it's not toooo difficult).

HBF can I have a pint of Ramrod please. Shame Youngs no longer deliver by dray, I'll miss talking to the horses.

Consider your message sent, squire, and I'll see what I can do about the dray deliveries ... I have it on good authority that a handfull of unemployed goats may well be available to take over duties as required!

By the way - we have a special on Spitfire this week ... buy Two Pints and buy the third for fifty percent of the price of two!

Nobber - don't forget your apple for teacher tomorrow.

Snibble spits on his hankie and wipes away a smear of jam from Nobber's chin. Nobber is wearing his nice new blazer and has a little cap perched on his head. There is a satchel, for buns. Fully prepared, Nobber skips across the bar to the Lt Cdrs wing backed chair, and placing a shiny apple where a pint of spitfire ought to be he sits on the floor to wait.

After a while he opens his satchel and takes out his Spiderman pencil case, opens it, and begins to disassemble a pen.

Snibble spits on his hankie and wipes away a smear of jam from Nobber's chin. Nobber is wearing his nice new blazer and has a little cap perched on his head. There is a satchel, for buns. Fully prepared, Nobber skips across the bar to the Lt Cdrs wing backed chair, and placing a shiny apple where a pint of spitfire ought to be he sits on the floor to wait.

After a while he opens his satchel and takes out his Spiderman pencil case, opens it, and begins to disassemble a pen.

The Lt Cmdr finally makes back into the bar after a harrowing weekend teaching wannabe fighter aces how to perform an immelmann turn , muttering under his breath he notices young Nobber with by now a dismantled pen, pocket watch and the contents of the HBF's handbag strewn all over the floor.

Uttering his profuse apologies for his tardiness in being late , Willi Gofarr and young Nobber quickly make a hasty exit to the flight deck , strapping the Lt Cmdr's favourite Wing backed armchair into the position normally occupied by the sidecar and with a hasty word to Cedric the good ship FRIDAAAY makes an unexpected turn hard to port into a good strong wind ( the lurching motion was only counteracted by snibble inhaling multiple pints to regain trim) a quick wave of the flag and Nobber with a chastised Lt Cmdr make a hasty take off with far more than usual fairy dust..

Look boys, Girls and HBF up there in the sky Nobber complete with Blazer, Satchel and School cap and flailing Lt Cmdr disappearing into the haze on way to his first day at Skool

All that could be heard over the wind was the plaintiff cry of the Lt Cmdr.........."bugger" he will be late on his first day

Snibble stands at the bar wearing white overalls and smelling of smoke. With Nobber away at school the hamster has spent the day with his beehives and now he wants a few pints of something nice to float around in before school finishes.

After putting everything back into his handbag, the HBF decides that Nobber, who was going to be having fingerfingers and chips for his tea, will now have to make do with a raw cabbage sandwiche and some very weak orange squash.

As the Good Ship lurches to the side as the Lt Cmdr and Nobber depart the HBF is also heard to mutter "bugger" as the large vat of Stew he had on the hob has splashed all over the floor and the patrons of the VP may well have to face just cabbage sandwiches for tea if the HBF can't get another one going.

"Sod That", sez he under his breathe, and after setting Lucien and Cedric the onorous task of clearing up, he grabs one of the many take away menus laid around and orders two of everything.

Tonights Menu

Indian

Pizza

Kebab

Fish and Chips

Cabbage Sandwiche

And, SPECIAL OFFER! - Buy One Drink, Buy Another At The Same Price!

Arnty cristeen wanders into the VP, enjoying her last few days of freedom, before w**k starts. She has brought a set of flash cards for Nobber to help him with his spelling. She places the cards around the room. She props up BAR on the bar and wedges TOILET in the pine T&G panelling of the door. By a bag of buns she rests BUNS and above the step she hangs NORTY STEP on a drawing pin.

She has brought a crumpled copies of Roger Redhat, Jennifer Yellow Hat & Billy Blue Hat from the Village with Three Corners.

'I'll get the little ephalump reading ASAP' she mumbles. 'They don't teach 'em right nowadays' As she walks with her pint of Landlords to her favorite chair, a trail of Cuisenaire bricks spill from her handbag to the floor.

She settles down and starts knitting an extra long school scarf in blue and black polyprop.

Sign in to follow this