Ellesmere Port

Liam

Featured Posts

We are, but not with the boat. Looking for an empty hold to pitch the tent which is conveniently working-boat sized! Any offers would be welcome, as the boat we had hoped to pitch in is not going.

I'll be there on Saturday, and will be giving a couple of short illustrated talks in the archive. The first, circa 12-15, will look at a variety of wooden inland waterway boat remains around the country, mainly photos taken by me in the 1970s and 1980s. The second, circa 2-30, will be photos from the Draper collection which was given to the archive a couple of years ago, the Draper family having been Foulridge tunnel tug captains, though not all the photos are of the L&LC. Some date back to circa 1900. Both talks will use a digital projector, with around 15 'pages' each, and last 20 mins to half an hour.

Who's going?

Easter Boat Gathering

I've booked my Ship Canal passage, but now see that it's scheduled as a 'wonderful meeting of narrowboats' (not even Narrow Boats!) so maybe I'd better not bother as we don't qualify :rolleyes:

I expect a lot of those going will be on the move now and out of internet contact.

Tim

We're currently at Bache, been umming and ahh'ing how to get it the last 7 miles having run out of hours the only weekend i could move it but think im going to bite the bullet, go stright to the baot after work, light a rite big fire and just get on with getting it there for friday night! Eta 10ish?

Daniel

• 11 months later...

I'd advise that you did book in to give them an idea of numbers but just because you've booked in doesn't guarantee you a mooring, it's all quite informal and works on a first come first served basis with many of the boats ending up 4 or 5 or even 6 abreast in the lower basin.

Liam