Basingstoke Redundancies

Featured Posts

I've just heard on good authority that the Basingstoke Canal Authority are about to make four of their nine 'rangers' redundant.

Maybe they are moving towards voluntary workers again? Or have they just completely run out of money?

Either way it is not looking good for getting Deepcut flight re-opened any time soon.

I still reckon the Basingstoke will be a 14 mile linear water-park with one lock in it for the foreseeable future.

Shame.

Tone

I've just heard on good authority that the Basingstoke Canal Authority are about to make four of their nine 'rangers' redundant.

Maybe they are moving towards voluntary workers again? Or have they just completely run out of money?

Either way it is not looking good for getting Deepcut flight re-opened any time soon.

I still reckon the Basingstoke will be a 14 mile linear water-park with one lock in it for the foreseeable future.

Shame.

Tone

Yep. So glad we took the chance when we had it to go the Basingstoke past Woking a few years ago. Some of the most beautiful and erie woodland canal scenery I've ever encountered, especially given how urban the surrounding areas are. The effect was further enhanced by the way a canal ranger would appear from nowhere each time we approached a lock, and unchain it for us. Then chain it shut again behind us and vanish! Felt like we were being watched and surveyed every step of the way, which of cousre we were. Felt a bit like being in that Blair Witch Project film.

Mike