Canalplan AC?

nipper

Featured Posts

Good morning all.

Does anyone have an update on Canalplan AC?

This very usefull site went down the other night, when i was using it to plan my cruise for next week.

I just managed to work out what i was going to do, then it was gone!

Apparently spamed!

Brian

Good morning all.

Does anyone have an update on Canalplan AC?

This very usefull site went down the other night, when i was using it to plan my cruise for next week.

I just managed to work out what i was going to do, then it was gone!

Apparently spamed!

Brian

Nick Atty says (on uk.rec.waterways) that he hopes to have it up and running again this weekend. Read the full story there: he was clearly very frustrated, angry, and unhappy at first, but has got over his initial anger and set about fixing the loophole thaht the spammers had found.

Nick Atty says (on uk.rec.waterways) that he hopes to have it up and running again this weekend. Read the full story there: he was clearly very frustrated, angry, and unhappy at first, but has got over his initial anger and set about fixing the loophole thaht the spammers had found.

Well, I think he has every right to feel frustrated and angry.

The amount of work that has gone into that site must be vast!

and to have it wrecked by some baffoon is criminal.

I hope he plugs the hole soom and doesn't get to down hearted.

Meanwhile, I shall set off on my cruise ( stoppages permiting) armed with all the information to hand, thanks to Nick.

Brian

If any of you have registered on his site, do you think your information is secure or not?

I never registered (didnt even know you could)

However, it was/is a great site, and i hope it comes back soon becuase its just sooo usefull!

Daniel

If any of you have registered on his site, do you think your information is secure or not?

You don't give a lot of information anyway! Maybe an Email address is all i can think you register with.

No great worries there.

No, I don't think that is a worry.

Brian

Canalplan is back on line now. Nick Atty's comment on uk.rec.waterways is 'I expect it to be a bit fragile as I've messed around with a lot of bits of stuff in strange ways. But although it might break, I now expect it to always break safely. Treat it gently, and let me know of any odd behaviour.'