Japan Tsunami

Featured Posts

Hi Tone..

Yup...sure does...

I have relatives near the NZ one as well...and although its dropped off the news here...their lives will never be the same...

Pretty insignificant bunch aren't we mankind..when the world decides to have a shake..

Very sad...

bob

Hi Tone..

Yup...sure does...

I have relatives near the NZ one as well...and although its dropped off the news here...their lives will never be the same...

Pretty insignificant bunch aren't we mankind..when the world decides to have a shake..

Very sad...

bob

The owners of the lock cottage, where I am now, were not far from Queensland during the floods, and they were close to Christchurch quake too. Now there is a possible tsunami threat there.

Also my son is in Seattle where the warnings have gone out.

The problem seems to be that tsunami waves look like they are subsiding when they cross deep ocean, but they rear up again when they reach the shallows near a coast.

What is also worrying is that local residents have just been told to leave their homes near one of Japan's nuclear power stations.

Tone

The owners of the lock cottage, where I am now, were not far from Queensland during the floods, and they were close to Christchurch quake too. Now there is a possible tsunami threat there.

Also my son is in Seattle where the warnings have gone out.

The problem seems to be that tsunami waves look like they are subsiding when they cross deep ocean, but they rear up again when they reach the shallows near a coast.

What is also worrying is that local residents have just been told to leave their homes near one of Japan's nuclear power stations.

Tone

They are evacuating Oregon now it looks terrible on the news

I was about to ask where else will it hit in large order.

I don't know anyone in Japan but Val is on her second job in a row with strong connections to the place, one member of this forum whom I know and like lived there for ten years, I know a few people with family there. Not good

As you say, makes our trials and tribs a bit insignificant