drunk rescued by plod river thames

the grinch

Featured Posts

"I did a quick risk assessment and it seemed OK so I took my kit off and went in."

How PC, PC.

But well done anyway. A far better result than the pair of coppers whom watched a kid drown in a pond because going in after him wasn't their job.

Tone

If you watch the film, the "assessment" meant he made sure he didn't land on something dangerous to him when he jumped in. Presumably if there was, he would have tried from a different place.

If you watch the film, the "assessment" meant he made sure he didn't land on something dangerous to him when he jumped in. Presumably if there was, he would have tried from a different place.

He did well.

We've had a couple of rescues from the Ouse in York this winter, one of a drunken yoof by a boater and the other by a local resident who pulled a dog walker out of the river.

It seemed both were cases where folks tried to walk on the ice.

Tone

Text book rescue as per the training. Legs apart and arms spread to minimise depth of entry to the water, approach from behind and over the shoulder tow. Evidently a confident swimmer, which is what made it viable. Good job, one to be proud of.

Good work but I would have thought his assessment should have resulted in him getting in rather than jumping in. You never know what sort of fixed underwater object you might land on in the dark.

Good work but I would have thought his assessment should have resulted in him getting in rather than jumping in. You never know what sort of fixed underwater object you might land on in the dark.

I watched it live.

I dont think he made any risk assessment, he just did what he knew he had to do without a thought for his own safety.

When he reached the bank the casualty was a dead weight and it took a couple of other officers to help drag him out. He then, commenced trying to resusitate the chap and only when he finally revived and was covered in a space blanket did our hero then get a coat to put on.

By way of coincidence on my computer screen at the time I had up 'Gibbo's' "anyone want to defend UK Police" thread

Young man jumped into the Albert dock last night , he never came back to the surface , dont knowif he tangled with something underwater.