Painted Boats

Doorman

Featured Posts

During our travels along the cut, we've come across many unusual colour schemes adopted by boat owners. Here are two examples.

Fine artistry.

2w3uxdg.jpg

You couldn't miss this one in a hurry!

2090ftk.jpg

Any more examples?

Mike

"That 70's Boat" on the Oxford / GU covered in flowers from stem to stern.

Don't have a photo at the mo but I'm out that way on Saturday I will see if I can get one.

I agree, it's certainly unusual and rather entertaining! It was moored on the Oxford North of Braunston last weekend.

This is what a migraine looks like - only flashing

Cath

I don't know whether any of the others are art, but this one certainly was. It was commissioned by the Ikon Gallery; a study in "Urban Camoflage" if I remember rightly, can't remember which artist's work it was inspired by though.

The skipper wasn't too chuffed but a job is a job!

I agree, it's certainly unusual and rather entertaining! It was moored on the Oxford North of Braunston last weekend.

You might find that it has been in the 'area' since at least August last year. Looks like the same location to me. However to be fair it may have just returned following a long cruise.

Martyn