Little Venice and Water Nymph 1959

canaldrifter

Featured Posts

Tone,

Not a problem, but I think each and every one of the films you have so far produced a post for has already been posted in the past.

For example this one appears .....

Here

and

Here

Thanks for posting this. AS a newer member I really appreciate the repeating of items that may have been posted before.

They can often lead to other items which I have missed also being mentioned and posted.

Your posting led to JohnO listing a great list of items which under other circumstances may have been lost to me.

Thanks again.

I appreciate the videos and the work Tone is doing to find and provide links to them, half the new threads are now single links to Pathe films.

How about starting a British Pathe newsreel thread and putting each video as a separate posting? That way they could all be found without creating half a million separate threads

Richard

• Greenie 1

I'm happy either way. But I did think the clips might start comments individually, like, 'here's the same place last year', or 'that boat was restored' and that way one thread could get somewhat complex.

I don't think there is a limit to the number of threads that can be raised, and the individual titles make clips easier to find? But I'll bend to the mods wishes.

Mods?

Tone

Edited by canaldrifter

I'm happy either way. But I did think the clips might start comments individually, like, 'here's the same place last year', or 'that boat was restored' and that way one thread could get somewhat complex.

I don't think there is a limit to the number of threads that can be raised, and the individual titles make clips easier to find? But I'll bend to the mods wishes.

Mods?

Tone

Perhaps you're saturating the market as many of your threads are getting no responses. I really do appreciate you digging through the archive, personally I'd rather see them in a single thread. If not, perhaps you could identify where they came from so that in the future people can find Pathe newsreel clips with the search tool

Richard

Just click on the link, and the url header will tell you. No need to go searching.

Tone

That's isn't what I meant

Picture this scenario: Sometime in 2012, enter new forum member A-Newbie keen to tell people about the Pathe Newsreel films he's just found. Being a good citizen of the net they thinks "I'll just do a search on 'Pathe Newsreel' to make sure they haven't been posted before". The search won't pick up the films you have brought to light so they post them all over again

If you put some words into the posts to indicate where they came from, then they become searchable.

Richard