Overstaying

mayalld

Featured Posts

well well well and there you go again

It seems name calling and sneering at people is your forte

And you have the gall to accuse others

Hypocrisy

Exactly why do you feel you can make snide remarks but when someone gives it you back you start crying?

• Greenie 1

@gaggle I am refering to the comments made by NB Alnwick not directly to the content in this thread.

If the site owner trusts his mods, though, and says that he backs their rulings, refusing to deal with the mods and insisting that all of his complaints be referred to the owner is surely "vexatious" (to use one of his favourite accusations) and he should be told to grow up and stop expecting special treatment.

Would you like to be informed that you were taking part in a survey and what that survey was for?

Depends Flis on whether its the survey to decide if a survey is required or the survey thats actually the survey if you know what I mean. <_<

Exactly why do you feel you can make snide remarks but when someone gives it you back you start crying?

I'm interested in what you think are my snide remarks

You see I don't think I do that. I think I state my case plainly but I also think that I do it without calling people names, pulling them down, attempting to humiliate them (by accusing them of crying, for instance, or by suggesting that they must have had a right kicking at school)

What? You want me to go looking through your posts to find some? Get real.

That is exactly the rection I expected because I think you'll be hard pushed to find any

Do you deny that you do call people names, pull them down, and belittle them - I ask because you ignored that in my earlier post

Then your definition of 'snide' is different to mine. Any more?

snide: (adjective)

1. Derogatory or mocking in an indirect way: "snide remarks".

2. (of a person) Devious and underhanded.

In which sense did you intend to use the word?

..and it's "different from" (it would be "similar to").

Now who's a patronising git?

Gibbo and I have had one or two minor disagreements. We have never met, and if we did, we probably wouldn't like each other very much. But he's absolutely correct in this case.

• Greenie 1

snide: (adjective)

1. Derogatory or mocking in an indirect way: "snide remarks".

2. (of a person) Devious and underhanded.

In which sense did you intend to use the word?

..and it's "different from" (it would be "similar to").

Now who's a patronising git?

Gibbo and I have had one or two minor disagreements. We have never met, and if we did, we probably wouldn't like each other very much. But he's absolutely correct in this case.

Very well by that definition I concede that my remark pointed out by Gibbo was mocking in an indirect way so I was not speaking plainly in that instance.

Speaking plainly then - of course I don't need an answer to my last question. It is obvious what the answer is.

The point I am making is that Gibbo does belittle people, especially when they say something he does not agree with.

For him to say this

"But this entire thread, as I see it, is one perfect example of a huge pile of big boys ganging together and letting one person (OP) "have it" for daring to make a suggestion."

and

"I don't think I've ever seen such an example of bullying since primary school."

is utter hypocrisy given his own record.

Gibbo, not long ago, said that I must have been given a proper kicking when I was at school - this in response to my challenging what, in my opinion, was a particularly inappropriate joke.

Yes I got a kicking from time to time and do you know why? It was because I used to challenge bullies.

I'm still doing it.

In my opinion Gibbo is exactly what he accused others of in the post I have quoted. He is a bully and I will challenge him directly. I have done so in the past and paid the price - I expect to pay the price again now.

It amazes me that bullies are rarely aware that that is what they are.

• Greenie 3

<snipped drivel>

Gibbo, not long ago, said that I must have been given a proper kicking when I was at school.

:lol:

I also received several PMs telling me it was one of the funniest posts they'd read :)

He is a bully and I will challenge him directly. I have done so in the past and paid the price - I expect to pay the price again now.

You're hilarious.

What does the "P" stand for in PM?

They know who they are. If any of them are happy for them to be published they can say so here.

No - cut n paste the content not who they are from - tis not rocket science... :rolleyes:

No - cut n paste the content not who they are from - tis not rocket science... :rolleyes:

And what exactly is the point of that request?

If I don't do it, you'll say it's because there aren't any.

If I do do it, you'll say I made them up.

Those who sent them clearly didn't want them on the forum. If they are now happy to have them published then I will do so. Complete with names. But I'm certainly not doing it without their permission.

And what exactly is the point of that request?

If I don't do it, you'll say it's because there aren't any.

If I do do it, you'll say I made them up.

Those who sent them clearly didn't want them on the forum. If they are now happy to have them published then I will do so. Complete with names. But I'm certainly not doing it without their permission.

Thought so - as I said bollocks....