Job Anyone?

sueb

Featured Posts

I wouldn't bother - looking at the job advert the old boy system has already got this covered.

I am sure that you are correct.

Some years ago the Waterways Ombudsman Advisory Board (or something like that) was to be set up, and BW's Agents advertised for candidates. Having read all the details, I realised that I possessed nearly all the advertised experiental qualifications required, for a non-representative member, from my previous 20+ years working for the Local Authority, so I applied for one of those positions on the Board.

I heard nothing for months, and then just a curt one line letter thanking me for my interest, but the positions had now been filled. When I looked up the list of appointed persons there was no one from the Boating Community and nearly every person appointed either had a Title, a former senior Military rank, or a Queens Award.

As a former Technical Secondary School boy, and without an Oxbridge Degree, I should have realised that I stood no chance.

Edited by David Schweizer